Register now to get rid of these ads!

spair tires and tool kits? pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Smack021488, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Smack021488

Smack021488
    from Chicago

I am working on my Model A coupe, trying to get it ready for some longer runs. I feel like i want to bring a spare tire and definitely want to bring some tools. I'm just wondering what you guys bring on your longer trips or just around town. how do you have stuff set up? And what extra stuff do you bring if any? pics would be cool too! Thanks guys... happy wrenching...

2. Smack021488

Smack021488
    from Chicago

3. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

If only riding 2 in my tudor the spare donut goes behind the seat. I have a bag of tools that always rides with me. Fuel Line, in line filter, standard set of sockets, zip ties, hose clamp, spare fan belt, assortment of nuts, bolts, washers. Razor, fuses. I also have a super compact floor jack out of an import. That stashes under the front street all the time. Also have a set of jumper cables. If I am in a group we may pool who is carrying what. My dad made a small trailer to take with him on longer runs. I am not to that point yet. It is a struggle if you build them to drive them....

4. 26 roadster

26 roadster

I drove coast to coast in a 30 ford coupe w/ 1. pliers 2. 9/16-1/2 wrench, tape, bailing wire, straight driver and a phillips driver. California to the Atlantic and back, never used any of them

5. zeke1270

zeke1270
    from Alberta

Pretty much mirror what motoandy carries, I have some front wheel bearings also. We do lots of 1200 mile and more trips in the Model A but I've don't carry a spare tire. Thinking of doing some rearranging in the back seat area to fit a rim and tire in there over the winter.

6. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

my best tool is my cell phone. othwerwise have a small socket set, couple of screwdrivers, vice grips and wire cutters, handfull of zip ties, spare fuel pump and filter, and spare fan belt. Only ever had to do roadside repairs once with a dead fuel pump, just 3 blocks from home.

7. Smack021488

Smack021488
    from Chicago

thanks guys i get the idea... fan belts and a few tools... spare tire and my trusty phone...