Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southwest Nostalgia Drags:Aug.28th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spikeshotrods, Jun 21, 2010.

1. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

View attachment 1008589 Hey Guys and Gals,
    Speedworld Dragstrip has asked us to do one more event per year, check out the flyer....... Hope to have another good showing of Hamb'ers........ see ya at the Strip :D....Spike

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  2. I'm in Michigan,or I'd drive right over!!!

Uh,how does one go about acquiring one of those kool-ass posters? I
    have no problem purchasing;as I'd like two. One for the garage(adds class and develops "poster patina") and one to shrink wrap and frame. Please shoot me a PM if it's possible.

When the Sport Fury is done,it should fit in well at some Nostalgia Drags-gee,the Milan event is coming up in a couple of months...

3. A29TOENVY

A29TOENVY

hey so what is the deal with the old vs new is that old cars vs new cars or old guys vs young guys.either way we will be there just trying to get clarification.thanks

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Holy hot H.A.M.B. hospitality booth, batman! Consider me there!

5. The deal is; Some of the "old " high school reunion racers may not have an older car to race, so we're going to allow street legal , late model AMERICAN RWD iron (and fiberglass) in that class only .
    Hot Rod I and II are still '81 and older.

HS will be a non-electronic all run ET bracket that will be free, except for the tech card fee .
    Cash, trophies, and merchandise will be awarded to finalists.

Stay tuned for the list.

6. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

7. Full size:

Rockin ' into the night

[​IMG]

8. Mike

Mike

Count me in!:)

I might have my 425hp 409, 4 speed '63 Impala all sorted out and break in complete in time for this one. If not, I'll be racing my '57 Chevy Gasser "Thumper", as usual.

9. A29TOENVY

A29TOENVY

Mark what is the hs bracket is that the high school bracket you were talking about.

10. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Yes, Old Guys "High School" Drags Reunion, We've decided to try something new at this event, it will replace the Straight Axle Eliminator.

11. A29TOENVY

A29TOENVY

hey mark i heard rumors you are putting a car together?will it be ready for the august race?

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Mini bike drags?!

13. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

We will for sure have the Minibike Drags. I'm going to talk to the track manager about letting us run four at a time..........I can feel the ground shaking just thinking about it......:D

Attached Files:

• Jeem.jpg
      Jeem.jpg
      File size:
      149.1 KB
      Views:
  14. Nah, I still have to put the whole rear and suspension under it.
    Maybe for November. I'll probably tow it out there then anyway.

Maybe I'll let the Summit Pro ET National Champ drive it ??!

[​IMG]

15. A29TOENVY

A29TOENVY

that thing will have to be towed for sure.it will probably be powered by a boat anchor.all boats need to be towed.

i guess when you get your age you need to have people drive for you.et champ or not some people get lucky.you know the saying
    "rather be lucky than good".thats what i am saying.
    lmfao!!!!!

16. Oh ,you mean like this "boat anchor" ?

[​IMG]

I won't have time to drive . I'll just bring it out there for the nostalgia fans. It'll probably attract more attention sitting still ,than any ol' red Camaro.

I'll be busy counting out the money for the payouts. Maybe the best driver in your family will get some of it. That would be Momma, wouldn't it?

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Woo Hoo! I knew somebody had to have a picture of that! That's mine in all it's Craig Smith flaked glory gettin' the snot stomped out of it in the right lane! I believe it was piloted to it's loosing ways by Mike - and I hold him completely responsible!

18. A29TOENVY

A29TOENVY

lol thats right it will attract alot of attention,just have water ready for the fans so they will have something to drink so they dont hyper ventilate form laughing so hard at it.oh i see you in the back round in your normal glory. BENCH RACING AS USUAL.

RLMFAO!!!!!!

YEAH like that one aannnddd he has more in one head than i have in my whole motor,and it still is not as fast as the camaro and mine is a street car still.if he wasn't a sand bagger his outcome would have been different.any body can win dialing a tenth safe.

yep that would be my wife.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  19. Haha
    Maybe we should offer a gift certificate to one of the great Sportsman racing schools, as a prize .
    If Momma wins it and you talk nice to her , maybe she'll give it to a certain someone who needs to learn how bracket racing works ...Just sayin....

Hey, I thought this was your car for a minute, but I see it's only a 396!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIYM5-quO2k

20. A29TOENVY

A29TOENVY

damn i wish my car would leave like that.them guys are my heros.less motor higher wheelstands awsome.

21. az/willis

az/willis

hey spike .. i should be back in surprise by then let me know if you might need a hand with anything.

22. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Bump TTT for the weekend crowd

23. Don't forget about the new High School Reunion Drags for you long time valley residents. (or new ones ,for that matter. We don't check your papers here)

24. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I'll be out there with the wheels of steel and a stack of vinyl making noise with Chip in the HAMB booth as well.

I never could find the football grill Chip....

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Not a big deal man, I've got my mini Weber kettle. We Good!

26. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Sounds good Chip!

27. BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

We will have a very special attendee at our next event.

Jon Lundberg , The Voice of Drag Racing, will be accepting our
    Drag Racing and Hot Rodding Pioneer award ....

........ and will be on hand from 7 to 10 pm to meet you guys. Stop by and say hello to this true icon and fellow HAMBer.

Jon recently told me that the first National Event he announced at was right here at Speedworld for the 1963 AHRA Winternationals, so this will be a great home coming and historical event for him.

Here's a preview for Jon's many fans and for some that may have missed him the first time around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AC7YALpdKI

28. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Hey Glen,
    Are we going to see you and Justin at this one?

29. A29TOENVY

A29TOENVY

Hey spike are you running the chevy or do you have a driver racing it?

30. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Mark and I have found its to hard to try to race and run a race, But the 49 will be there with my buddy Ty Newport at the wheel to bring home the trophy and $CASH$ for our new bracket "OLD GUYS HIGHSCHOOL DRAGS REUNION" Ty and I both went to the same highschool "West Phoenix High" he's also one of the sponsors of the event "Newport Diesel Service". We're going out this Saturday night so he can get some seat time in it before he cleans house at our race :D ......Spike