Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southern Fried FNG !

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 55 Ford CustomGrime, Mar 8, 2005.

1. ......Hey there fellas, I guess like most of us I grew up huffing exaust fumes with trans like intentions. The addictive scent was my eau de toilette. Iwas born with grease under my nails as my father was a hellyen with a coupe, choppers and even a hot rod econoline.
    So he was my super hero as a kid.
    I myself followed his foot steps but in the other direction, I was a kid! I had cars like a 63 Electra, 66 Caddy and some other 60 s Chevys I hung around a car club and was a member for years.
    Last year I purchased my first Ford, A 55 Customline. I have replaced fuel system and breaks and am blocking it out as I type. I hear in Dunedin Fl. I hope that is a good intro I am not a writer.

2. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Good enough for me, welcome. If you can show some pics, a picture is worth a thousand words.

3. CathyH

CathyH

Welcome to the HAMB!

4. Thank you and hi I have to load some but I will get to it thank you.

5. Thank you for the welcomeing note.

6. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Well, it aint a '54... but welcome anyhow! LOL

lookin forward to pics of your ride :D

7. Thank you fiddy well my ride is still a clunker but I drive the pig. but i will get them up If i can say that. Do you have any pics of those two you have?

8. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i have a few of my '54 project that is up on jacks getting a new floor and chassis rebuilt.

as for the COE, nope. i own it, but its still sittin on my inlaws farm over in Wisconsin till sometime in the spring when my brother in law and i can dig it out of the mud and snow

9. What is that blue car sitting next to it on the rite. Is that a 56 Vic. ? yeah my ford looks about the same a as yours you said that is a 54? Does that have a y block or a flatty? My 55 has a 272 y block! Or was the last year of the flatty 53? I seen at the Turkey Rod run about 5 years ago a big semi with about 20 cab over cabs for like 500.- 2500. I wish I would have got one back then. ok talk to you later

10. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

not sure what the other cars are in that photo if i recall right, i think it was a stude...that was taken the day i got it from a dealer in Iowa.

it is indeed a '54, identical body for 52,53,54 but some chassis changes in 54. first year for the balljoint suspension, as well as the first full model year with the OHV v-8 engines.
    mines a 223cid inline six. second year for the OHV sicks, but the 53 was a 215 not a 223.

11. CathyH

CathyH

Here's a picture of 55 Ford Custom Grime's car.

12. Welcome to HAMB, ever in Wis give us a shout and we'll talk cars and tip a few Spotted Cows..... Louver Dude Another "FNG"