Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southern California 58 Dodge D100

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by shadwsndst, Nov 13, 2013.

1. shadwsndst

shadwsndst

Greatings Fellow HAMBers!
    My Uncle and I are working on a 58 Dodge D100 that we picked up in Pismo Beach. The car came to us with a 318 and 727 torqueflite. The engine wiring was a complete mess so we ripped out everything and started fresh.

The entire door assemblies were missing and I was able to track down regulators, windows, lock cylinder, interior cranks and handles... so the project is coming together nicely.

I am stuck on what to do with the window glass sweeps and felt. I would prefer to go with the newer style sweeps that come up the window 1/4 of an inch or so, but am having trouble finding where I can buy it per foot. Wouldn't hurt to find the window channels (guides) while I'm at it. Any recommendations?

If anyone else has any sage advice, I'm all ears! This is my first wack working on a car of this vintage/ extent so I cant use all the help I can get.

-David

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  2. Lost in the Fifties

Lost in the Fifties

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. Post your questions on the main board for answers. This forum is basically just for introductions.

3. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Welcome! I Own a 57 D100, same cab/doors As the 58 D100's and Have done all my window felts and tracks. I got mine from Bell Auto Glass in phoenix,AZ http://bellglassco.com

I just told them my vehicle and I was surprised they had it and the pushing style clips for the horizontal felts too. and its pretty cheap if I remember right might want to make a call and see if they will ship to your area.

I did double horizontal felts in mine (Stock they are only one side) gives it a really tight seal and keep the window from jiggling just a thought and easy to remove if you don't like it just drill the holes. I will attach a picture below.

You also might want to post your issues and picture of you truck over at this thread: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752370 Its the "Hang-Out" for all the Dodge truck guys for these years…Hope to see you there and Welcome again!

[​IMG]

4. 58dodgetruck

58dodgetruck
    from Indiana

Nice looking project. I love these old Mopars.

5. Frank280ZX

Frank280ZX
    from Wageningen
    1. A-D Truckers

I love those panels! they have cool look, and it is always nice to see a work horse survive!

As for the felt and channels try;

Truck and Car Shop
    739 N Batavia St, Orange, CA 92868,

They sell it by the foot if im correct, i bought it for my 49 pontiac there aswel!