Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects SOUTHEAST GASSERS "BRAND X" BUILD

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by HEMIBERT, Oct 12, 2015.

1. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

nevermind I'm seeing them

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  2. How can I fix it?

3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

nice progress

4. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Looking forward to seeing this one come together.

5. Bubba1955

Bubba1955

I might have done a little bracing before I lit the torch.

6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Updates?????

7. Visual progress was slow this week. It takes a lot of little things to make something. Promise, I'll have one a little later this week.

8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

9. Well, it looks a hell of a lot better with the rusty floor pan out of there!
    Plans for engine setback?

10. As far as I can and still be practical. I'll see where the shifter handle winds up.

11. Had a good week. Put together frame rails and located them in the body. Made the ladder bar x-member/drive shaft loop and located it in the frame rails. Then built the ladder bars, narrowed the rear end and attached them to the x-member. Temp installed the front axle. This got enough stuff installed to set frame and rocker panel heights so as to set engine in frame at proper crankshaft height. Then built and installed transmission x-member.
    Camera died, but will have pics tomorrow night.

12. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Looking good so far, hope to see you at our season opener next year. We have 29 period correct cars per entered for our finals this Saturday at in Greer SC. It's hard to believe 5 years ago we only had 2 cars and everybody told me a period correct gasser class would never work. Welcome aboard.

13. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

We have found that about 6% setback is working best. Any farther back than that is causing the cars to hit the wheelie bar so hard it's causing problems. Donovan has to add weight to the front on his Anglia to fix the problem. He is going to move his engine forward this winter. A long wheelie bar would fix the problem but long wheelie bars ain't right on a gasser.

powrshftr and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. Yes, I WILL be there. Be there this weekend too. Last chance for up close looks, pics and questions. Thank you for all you and your group are doing. This is fun racing, the way I remember it!

II FUNNY likes this.
  15. I did not get near what I expected. I don't want to cut the cowl area at the base of the windshield. Just a personal prefrence. When I switch to the injectors, it would leave a big hole to fill. Barracudas seem to be arranged a little different than others.

16. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Hope the weather holds up good. It's looking a little iffy. I'm usually wide open trying to run the show and run my car but I want to spend all the time I can with you. We are having the awards right after the race I should get to slow down a little then if you can hang out. Several that are traveling are coming by my shop Sunday, it's about 30 minutes from the track.

kidcampbell71 and Dog_Patch like this.
  17. Thank you. We'll see what we can do.

Quain Stott likes this.
  18. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

nailhead13 likes this.
  19. YA!.., WHAT QUAIN SAID!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Your Cuda is looking pretty slick and it will sure make for a cool different gasser

Looking forward to seeing it ready to roll

greasemonkey54 and Quain Stott like this.
  21. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

You didn't waste any time, looking forward to seeing it come together

22. Alright! More MOPARs :D

enloe likes this.
  23. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Cool project! Thanks for sharing.

24. NICE!!! Frame is really coming along. Like the ladder bars, and safety loop.

25. yruhot

yruhot

I thought that was a mothernature acid dip.lol. should be a cool build.

26. AmishMike

AmishMike

Love the idea of a stick & that jump with each shift but 727 quicker and easier on parts( please don't beat me ). Can you bang gears like Ronnie Sox? Weigh the rear glass - heat & bent some plexi would be lighter. Hope you bumped the front axle forward a bit. Car crys out for a chop top but whole other thing. Great build - wish you guys would make it to Maple Grove in south east Pa. & lose to my Malibu in the lights. Good luck.

27. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

You need to familiarize yourself with the southeast gassers rules...

28. AmishMike

AmishMike

SORRRRRYYYYY never read your rules. Just an old bracket guy trying to keep parts together and run a good number for fun. Love the old gassers.. enjoy & have fun

Quain Stott likes this.
  29. Automatics are ok, my wife has done real well with one in her car.....but then she's a GIRL.
    The MEN at the SEG run 4-speeds!