Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Source of motivation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boden, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Boden

Boden

What motivates you to go in the garage. For me. It’s my blue heaven by fats domino. Something about that song makes me want to cut the windows out of my car and take 4” out of the pillars. But what is your source of motivation?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. When the old lady says i need to get my ass up and go outside lol. But watching full custom garage, or roadkill gets me in the mood to wrap my hand around a hammer handle and beat some metal ;)

Boden likes this.
  3. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

My motivation is myself. When I decide I want to build something I know it's going to take a lot of my time and money. It's all part of the decision to build. I want the finished product, and I like building things, so it's just the selfish need of getting what I want.

Boden likes this.
  4. I do listen to MY music in the garage but sometimes that’s all I do! As you get older it’s harder to find motivation.

The37Kid and Boden like this.

5. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Having coffee and reading the HAMB first thing in the AM. Seeing some of the car shows on TV and going to local car shows. They all fill me with a sense of I can do this and make me get out in the garage. I try to spend a couple of hours every day out there if I can. Even if all I do is to clean up the place!

6. Beat some metal off?

Boden likes this.
  7. Nothing much has motivated me lately. But weather motivates me most of the time. When its pleasantly warm and sunny outside I feel motivated to turn some wrenches. When the weather cools, I tend to hibernate and get nothing done.

8. Hey it's my garage, my hammer, my metal, I'll do it as fast as i want :D

scotty t and Boden like this.
  9. Boden

Boden

I see where this is going

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

scotty t likes this.
  10. Watch that Lloyd guy!

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Right now I'd like to have a section in the basement or garage were all the related parts for each project are sitting, maybe even a list of what goes were. If someone can come up with a reason to work on them, let me know. Bob

12. trollst

trollst

I decide the night before, if I leave it till morning, I find every excuse to not accomplish anything, reading mags comes to mind, listening to the radio, whatever works, UNLESS I decide the night before I need to at least do something.

13. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Actually getting on the Hamb and seeing how much some of you fellas are getting done while I've been setting on my back side.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  14. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.