Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Source for rubber floor mats? - 1964 fairlane

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by iamflashman, Apr 9, 2018.

1. iamflashman

iamflashman

I am looking for a source to get rear rubber floor mat for a 64 fairlane 2 door post. I am looking for the full floor covering (like carpet, but rubber).

Anyone know where I can buy such a thing?

2. Restoration Specialties and Supply, Inc., Windber, Pa..........814-467-9842

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

It's not likely that it ever was or ever will be reproduced. Carpet is relatively easy to form to make to fit lots of different cars, but rubber mats were molded for one model, and the original molds are long gone.

Find a good used one (probably nearly impossible) or NOS...good luck!

You can buy roll matting, from the place suggested above, but you won't be able to make it look like the original, will you?

mat.jpg

4. iamflashman

iamflashman

Thanks. I agree this will be hard to find. I did find a NOS front rubber mat so at least I am squared away there.

I will also consider buying a roll in the correct(ish) pattern and cutting to fit. Would not be perfect but better than nothing...

I am also considering buying one for another type of car and trimming as needed if I just can't find one. The 64 fairlane is pretty similar to the falcons/galaxies of the same year so one of those might be close enough.

5. Terrible80

Terrible80

Isn't trapped moisture an issue with these?

6. squirrel

squirrel

Trapped moisture doesn't usually hurt the floor mat, but it can sure tear up the floor! so yeah, keep the car inside if you have a rubber floor mat.

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Rubber mat descript: Rust Mfg., ltd.

8. iamflashman

iamflashman

For sure, moisture is an issue. This car will be a sunny weather car so I am ok with the risk there. I considered carpet but I am trying to keep it looking as spartan as possible to fit with the thunderbolt theme.

Just Gary likes this.