Register now to get rid of these ads!

Source for Flathead distributor parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tank, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Tank

Tank

Where is the best source for GOOD flathead distributor parts? Im looking for points, condensor, everything inside basically, and a cap for a front mount 59A crab style distributor. Id prefer real deal Ford parts if I can find them. Havent had the best of luck with the chinese parts.... Anyone know a source for Good parts?

2. I got mine last year from Macs Auto, cap, rotor, points, bushes, vacuum brake, condensor, and cap clips. They were all made in USA, much to my surprise and delight.

36tbird, he wouldn't have found THAT reply by doing a search.

3. 36tbird

36tbird

Bassman &Tank, I apologize for being a butthead in my remark and I deleted the posting. I should have just suggested that he visit the Fordbarn website.

4. PM GMC BUBBA... he rebulds them, he can advise...

(PS: He IS the Dizzy Maaster....)

5. bobscogin

bobscogin

You can get them at NAPA. Although they're not USA made, at least they're not Chinese. The ones I just bought were made in Mexico and the quality is good.

Bob

6. sponge

sponge
    from Austin tx

BUBBA all the way

7. Rhinodaddy

Rhinodaddy
    from mesa az

Don't forget Van Pelt's sales or Patrick's. I'm posting elsewhere, but maybe somebody reading this thread can help - I'm refurbing a distributor from an 8RT and can't figure out how to get the breaker plate off. The diagram on Van Pelt's site indicates it should have a snap ring, but it looks like it was staked on in four places around the top of the shaft.

8. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I've been running the Napa parts for my 8BA distributor for 5 yrs now.
    DONT forget to change the vacuum advance diaphram.
    Your better off running a Gm designed for that flathead. GMC Bubba makes them and will stand behind them.