Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sort of new in North Texas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Yeti Man, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Yeti Man

Yeti Man
    from NorthTexas

Hey folks! I have actually been on the HAMB since 2007, but rarely post. I have been into cars since my teens, owning mainly 60's cars, but always loved hot rods and customs I have been able to make it to the GNRS the past several years, especially liking the Suede Palace. My last car was a '63 Thunderbird, static lowered, with a Broader Performance trans and a Wayne Calvert built 390. About 6 weeks back, I finally got a flathead powered ford, a '47 Ford Tudor. I have been scouring the HAMB and learned a ton already, as I am pretty good with an FE, and a total novice with the flatty. I look forward to learning more about not only the flatty, but the suspension and drive lines on the '47. The guy I bought it from, down in Palestine TX, is 83 years old, and told me that "back in the day", the car HAD to have dual exhaust, Moon wheel covers, dummy spots and 3 carbs. He had this one outfitted with everything but three carbs.

I have changed the wheels to my liking, and I am getting the flathead running like a top. The car has real nice patina, and I do not plan on painting it at all, just finding the missing trim, but I want old trim to match the rest of the car. The interior is pretty nice, but the upholstery looks like grandma's bath robe...lol

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441063938.837862.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441063955.636504.jpg