Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects SOON TO BE!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54hotrodder, Jun 17, 2015.

1. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

Hi Guys, Havent posted on the HAMB for some time now, and I thought id start a new topic by showing you what I got myself into. Earlier in the year I traded my 66 chevy biscayne for a 1951 mercury. My hopes and dreams were to build a frame off resto with every inch of detail something similar to the Wally Welch Mercury. But plans changed so i threw the car up for sale and about a few hours later a guy wants to trade me for his 1950 chevy period Kustom with a Carson Top(Getting padded this week). This is a running driving car with nothing MAJOR left to do. So I took him up on the deal. Money is tight Finally am done with high school, and getting started on an apprenticeship so funds are limited. My plan is to do a darker green color Like Sam Barris Merc. Put some 49-52 Cadillac Sombreros on, and find a set of Appleton 112's along with 1953 kaiser bumper guard for the rear. Stay tuned guys more to come. Here are some Pics
    10672332_666795803437195_1662791566251917336_n.jpg
    Now to this....
    unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (6).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (5).jpg
    Here are the color Samples
    $_12.JPG $_12 (2).JPG

Model T1 likes this.
  2. The chevy looks pretty good! Do you know if the Merc came from Indianapolis? I knew a guy there years ago that had one chopped by a guy here in Louisville, it had the quarters off, looked just like yours. The chop is what is most familiar . Tim

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

5. Model T1

Model T1

Sounds like a smart move for a young guy. That Mercury was gonna be kool but also would be a lot of work and money.
    The Chevy looks like a driver already and another kool car. Good luck with it. It's fun working on them but also fun cruising. You gotta enjoy what summer you have to hit the dirt roads.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

That is one smooooth Chevy!

7. flatford39

flatford39

I think you are going to need tailights.......What were you thinking of using??

8. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

If its not to late......keep the Merc......i've been there, traded off something really desirable for something less so but driveable.....if its too late, good luck with the chev, it looks cool, but you'll always remember the merc as the one that got away....Its kind of Ironic you traded a running chev to get it and now your doing the reverse...

9. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

I was planning on making some type of bumper guard taillights. Or i have always liked 1955 packard clipper taillights.

10. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

Tim, I have no idea where the merc came from, My boss had it for a long time. The chop was done a long time ago and never finished.

11. Model T1

Model T1

I've always dreamed of owning a 49-51 Mercury. Came close and regreted not getting one. I agree, in the future you will still remember the Merc that got away.
    Yet it's not always possible to have two or more cars, and like I wrote, more fun to have a car you can drive. The Chevy can be on the road soon. The Mercury could take years.
    When you get rich you can buy another Mercury, or just keep dreaming about the one that got away. This hobby is filled with dreams.

12. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

Yea i probably will regret getting rid of it , but with me starting my apprenticeship for an electrition right out of highschool i dont have much change to spare right now so.. thats why i pulled this deal through.