Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sometimes you get a pleasant surprise.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trollst, Jul 23, 2018.

1. trollst

trollst

So, on sunday I went to a small show in Merritt BC, took my roadster pickup, endured an hour and a half drive in the cold mountain country in a car just big enough to feel and look like a dog screwing a football, and same thing home again in the heat, but I digress, the story is in what happened at said car show.
    I spot a nice model a tudor, look at it hard and think I recognise it, so lay down to look under it when a woman asks if I'm alright, I look up and say yes, then get up to face a gentleman, who points his finger at me and says, "You, you're the guy that built this car"
    Yes, I say, it was a long time ago, twenty years, and much changed from when I did it, and I compliment him on the work he's done to the car since, it's turned out very nice indeed, but as a builder, it had some tell tale signs only I would see. Here it is..... DSC07114.JPG DSC07115.JPG DSC07118.JPG DSC07119.JPG DSC07120.JPG DSC07122.JPG DSC07121.JPG

loudbang, wicarnut, AVater and 5 others like this.
  2. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

3. And sometimes it's a total shock! :eek:

Your story is much different than mine, several years ago I found the model A pickup I had built bake in the early 70's and like you I spotted a few thing that I fabricated but some of the work done to truck since made me sick.

The roll & pleat interior was gone replaced with tweed couch material with high back bucket seats with 1930 stitched in in the drivers seat & Ford stitched in red in the passenger seat, gone was the Chris Craft ensign boat reinstatement cluster replaced with a chunk of billet.

The new owner had bolted a stupid looking wing on the metal bed cover and covered it with tweed,huge directional wheels and as I was shaking my head walking away he said that's the guy that built this truck.

I turned around and told the guy he was talking to and said yeah and he is the guy the frigged it up! HRP

AVater, catdad49 and KoolKat-57 like this.
  4. trollst

trollst

I was very gratified the guy remembered me, said he had a few pics of the build from the guy I built it for and that I was in a couple. The current owner has pretty much revamped the car and has owned it a long time, loves it and has put big miles on it, drove it two and a half hours to the show each way. I'm just happy to see it still on the road, and get the recognition from the owner, who, up till now, I've never met. It was a good day, my head got so big I had trouble carrying it around.

loudbang, catdad49 and Deuces like this.