Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some things I've been busy with

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jethro, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's been a pretty mild winter here , but winter all the same. Nothing to do outside unless you ski , sled , hunt , enjoy cold......I do none of those (anymore). I've been stuck in my shop machining , welding , cutting , burning , grinding .....stuff. Sometimes the cutting and burning is on my own self. Some things I actually made for the Model A.
    First off I redid the motor mount to move the motor back a little more. Well , y'know when you change one thing it dominoes down the line. The motor is where it should be now , but the exhaust isn't going to work , so I had to make some new headers. These will be my "hood closed" headers. In order to pass inspection here you cant have any cutouts so my lake style headers will not let me pass. Once all the inspection stuff is done the lake headers will go on from time to time.
    So , while I was crawling around under the car I kept looking at the TCI front axle and four bar setup and I was not loving it. My thought is gasser coupe ( I hear it's the new flat black) I had an original model A axle and wanted to try the drilled and polished look. I should have polished it first but it was looking so cool I couldn't stop. Anyway I'm pretty happy with the progress, maybe I will be able to get some focus and stick to one build plan.
    Oh I also started another Banjo wheel. This will be a flat four spoke like a Caddy wheel. I just started working on the mould. It will be black like the other one but I may try some polyurethane resin instead of kitty hair.
    Anyway, that's what I've been doing !

Attached Files:

2. Let us know how the resin works, I've always thought that would be the way to do it.
    Good Luck