Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some pix from the Wings,Wheels,and Spokes show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by safariknut, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Didn't get to the airport or the bike shop but these are from the ididit shop.

2. another(sorry I don't know how to string the pix together)

3. still another

4. last one this Deuce was finished in 1970!

5. beatnik

beatnik

I recognize a couple of cars from locals around here. I should have made it, but had to finish painting (house project).

Thanks for the pics.

6. Donzie

Donzie

All nice rides Ray but the Buick and T-Bird are sweet.
    That Buick is so smooth.
    Thanks for the photos.

7. Did you see any Planes? [​IMG]

"Da Plane, Da Plane"! or just "Da Car, Da Car" and that car!!! [​IMG] Thats good enough for me! [​IMG]

Always wanted a picture of my 31 Roadster parked next to a Stearman...!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Mark

8. [ QUOTE ]
    Did you see any Planes? [​IMG]

"Da Plane, Da Plane"! or just "Da Car, Da Car" and that car!!! [​IMG] Thats good enough for me! [​IMG]
    Unfortunately I never made it to either the airport(which is across the road from my house!)or the bike shop.I have some pix of the Memorial Day bash at the airport(think I posted a few before).Here's a pic taken awhile ago of my 55 next to a T-6 owned by a guy in town.
    Always wanted a picture of my 31 Roadster parked next to a Stearman...!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

9. Michigan Rick

Michigan Rick
    from Owosso Mi.

Thanks for the pics Ray. It was good to see ya there. Good to meet all the other HAMBers.. (At a BILLET show no less)

On our way thru Chelsea we picked up the guy in the bugundy panel with WWW. Kind of cool to see another panel let alone the same body style as mine and same tires as mine. That don't happen on every trip.

Very nice shop tho. Nice people and actually not a bad day.

10. Looks as though you just parked the "Wagon" and were going up for a "Spin"! Great shot..., Thanks for my airplane fix...! [​IMG]

Mark

11. D Picasso

D Picasso

hey! that's that Larry Erickson Buick! I love that car.

12. purplepickup

purplepickup

It was nice meeting you at breakfast, Safariknut.

Here's some pics I took at the airport. They had a vintage plane gathering there.

This is a Grumman. A guy and his kid took off for home in this one while we were there.
    [​IMG]

and an engine on the Grumman
    [​IMG]

This is a bi-plane that had just landed.
    [​IMG]

This one is a 1928 Stinson
    [​IMG]

Here's the 110 hp Warner Scarab engine in the Stinson
    [​IMG]

And a shot of the cockpit of the Stinson

[​IMG]

And here's a familiar site
    [​IMG]

We took a tour of Tom Liechty's shop on the way home....what a trip! Here's a pic from there
    [​IMG]

13. I like the combination shows..., I've only been to one in Wisconsin, I believe it was called "Wheels and Propellers" they had it at some country club next to a lake with an airstrip across the street!

Major overload of things to see but the Variety was fantastic! Picture this..., Old cars restored and hotrods, Wood Speed boats, and Old warbirds and classic Biplanes all within walking distance! [​IMG]

That was many years ago..., and I'd like to find more of these shows in the Midwest!

14. [ QUOTE ]
    It was nice meeting you at breakfast, Safariknut.

Here's some pics I took at the airport. They had a vintage plane gathering there.

The pleasure was mine PurplePickup and thanks for posting the aircraft pix.I see I missed a good show there and the ironic part is I could throw a rock from my back yard and probably hit the main hangar!The Grumman I've never seen before but the Stinson and the "tail-dragger"(I think it may be a Meyers)have been there before.
    I don't know if Keith was letting people inside the shop but he is restoring a WWII German observation plane(a Feischel I think)that looks like a Piper Cub and has the wingspan of a DC-3 and is powered by an inverted BMW V-8.There are also several other aircraft undergoing restoration including another Stinson.
    safariknut

15. purplepickup

purplepickup

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know if Keith was letting people inside the shop but he is restoring a WWII German observation plane(a Feischel I think)that looks like a Piper Cub and has the wingspan of a DC-3 and is powered by an inverted BMW V-8.There are also several other aircraft undergoing restoration including another Stinson.
    safariknut

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we did get the tour of a couple of hangers/shops. There was cool stuff all over the place. It reminded me of my shop, with partially finished things everywhere, except it was a lot bigger [​IMG] It was a very interesting day.