Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some people shouldn't work on cars--

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot rod wille, Mar 15, 2008.

1. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

Just how much experience do you have with VW's?

I think you should bring it back to the guy just to show him how to do it right. Make sure he feels stupid.

2. flatheadmalc

flatheadmalc

I bought a 62 X frame once, running driving car, didn't look too bad. Felt a little strange driving it home though. Got it up in the air couple of days later and found someone had cut away a good portion of the lower side of the x frame to allow installation of a one piece driveshaft. Good lesson in there. That frame flexed like a mutha. Lotsa "shade tree mekaniks" out there.

3. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

We just finished a bunch of work on an old AC Cobra with a 429 cobra jet engine. Over 500hp. The owner drives the hell out of the car. He felt okay about it because he has a roll bar and a 5 point harness. The funny thing is ( actually really not and very serious ) that when we took the gas tank out because some other shop totally destroyed the mounts amongst other things so the gas tank was not secure in the trunk, which is bad enough; we found that his 5 point harness was not connected to the roll bar / cage. The straps / mounts were just draped over the roll bar, not even secured at all. In an accident the driver would have been ejected with his 5 point harness nice and secure around his body, just not attached to the vehicle.
    crazy
    wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Saw a Holden with pine wood lowering blocks once.

5. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

Say! Its Cool somebody besides me buys El Camino's, Of course i would not bought one built after 72! (they never have any floors left in them)

6. If life were fair, morons that build cars like this with wooden floors and seat mounts would be dragged kicking and screaming to our crash lab at my day-job so we can use these morons as real crash test dummies and let them feel just what a 30mph crash feels like, let alone higher numbers in a seat mounted to plywood.
    If someone wants to go out there and win themselves a Darwin Award, that's fine, but when these same people sell other people their potentially fatal mistakes, there should be criminal charges. If an OEM or cottage automaker did this, they'd be toast but when an individual does such things, they get off free and clear.

7. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Sheeit, everyone knows to use redgum. Some people....

I used to autoelec between some car yards, amazing some of the stuff that was bought in to be redone. Not to mention some of the shit that was asked to be done..... Guy I worked for owned an early, he was happy to take the work.

There are people out there that will piss on you and tell you its raining.

8. ASS-WHOOP-O-GRAM......