Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical some one with a dodge 1954 c1 truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by c/h, Dec 23, 2017.

1. c/h

c/h
    from iowa

yes I have mine dissembled. Looking for a measurement from out side of spring to inside of wheel
    well.want to make sure of none rubbing issue on inter wheel well and not hitting out side of spring.
    my set up now has a 9 inch and from out side of spring to hub is about 5 1/2 inch.
    thanks

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Since you mention having a 9" I am assuming you are trying to figure out rear tire clearance. Do you have the bed that will be used on this truck? If so, measure the bed sides outside to outside. The bed is likely slightly wider than the the frame and springs, but if not, what is the widest measurement of any part(s) in that area?. Do you have wheels and tires selected for the rear yet? If so, bolt them into place and measure between the tires and compare that to the bed /frame width. That should quickly reveal if you have any clearance and how much it is.

If you don't have wheels and tires yet, measure the rear axle wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface. If that is, for example, 60 inches, you'll need wheels with backspacing (the distance from the backside of the wheel center
    to rim edge, plus at least an inch each side for the tire sidewall) that when all are bolted together it leaves you with space enough for the bed sidewalls.

Hope this makes sense..........and is useful

Ray

3. c/h

c/h
    from iowa

thanks Ray

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I just re-read my post......You are very gracious to 'thank' me for that mess....:D

Merry Christmas..:)