Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Some Barris Cars Had Bad Luck!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Very interesting...

I just found a shot of the Jag that was burned,,,, was on a trailer with a smashed up front end.. I think it was to get fixed when the fire happend..

2. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

We need to see those new pics....NOW!!!

3. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Sondre, They are 2 different people, and 2 different Mercs.

4. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks for the info Johnny, it was just something that struck me when I saw the dragoo merc :)

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

<<<<I guess the question was Bud one of the executives. I don't think so, because he wouldn't have left the car out, he was too caring about cars,..>>>>

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  6. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Another mystery solved folks! Larry Watson knew the answer all the time, and in Howards Gribble awesome movie he shares it with all of us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlZXAFlAfY

The Merc was owned by Bobby Yamazaki, I guess his real name would be Robert Yamazaki. Compton customizer Jay Johnston restyled the front end with canted quad headlights and 1957 Oldsmobile bumper with Edsel grille pieces. Barris Kustoms chopped the top and installed the Buick taillights. Jay Johnston painted the Merc pearl green, and the car was at Barris Kustoms being upholstered by Roy Gilbert when tragedy struck... Chimbo was supposed to pick up his completed Merc December 8, 1957....

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  7. 296ardun

296ardun

Not sure if anyone mentioned that Jesse Lopez's 41 Ford was also destroyed by its third owner, who drove it into a tree, we now have the details from Michelley's excellent story on Jesse...and of course the Matranga Merc was also destroyed by a subsequent owner....