Register now to get rid of these ads!

Solution to O/T threads

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Brootal, Mar 12, 2003.

1. I was going to make a suggestion that Ryan create some kind of O/T section of the HAMB, but then I had a BETTER idea!

Why don't we have a NEWBIE section. People have to make 50-100 posts in there before they can get on to the "real" HAMB. That soon sort out the shit from the chaff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I figured if we got rid of all the O/T stuff, then it wouldn't be the HAMB. Some of the best stuff that's ever been on the HAMB has absolutely NOTHING to do with cars.

So how about it Ryan? Good Idea?

We could call it the HAMBergarten. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Anderson

Anderson

Yeah, but then you'd get people who join up and post 50-100 posts, replying to everything, making up new posts just to raise their count. Of course then they could be "suspended" or something for a week or so. It might work...

3. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

yeah and the regulars would they post alot in the newbie section, if there would be some sort of one more section i suppose a introduction section would be something?

4. Samantha

Samantha

I agree with Brootal...about the O/T stuff...alot of it is useless, but some of
    it is darned entertaining! It's been said many times before...but when your
    out in the garage shootin' the breeze with friends....lots of different topics pop
    up in addition to car talk...it's just part of socializing & getting to know people.

CGkidd likes this.