Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Sold - Underslung '27 T Sedan

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Johnny Sparkle, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

City: Terre Haute

State: Indiana
    Price: $16,000
    1.jpg 4.jpg
    I think it's time to clear out some garage space and free up some cash to get a couple other projects rolling.

The build is pretty well documented here on the HAMB, so you can see I didn't cut corners on the build and probably over-engineered everything. I've been driving the snot out of it since I first got it finished in 2008; I like to cruise back roads and built it solid so it doesn't have to be babied.

It was featured in the Summer 2010 issue of Rod & Kulture, if you care about that sorta thing; it was flat blue back then, it was painted the gloss blue a few years ago.

Here's a quick, but not complete rundown of what is in the car:

1927 Ford Model T Tudor sedan body - Chopped 7", new polished aluminum windshield frame, assorted hotrod type things have also been done. The grill shell is a '28 Studebaker chopped about 7". I have windows, but never installed them. I never really needed them, and it's makes me feel manly not having them.

1926 Buick frame - Flipped upside down for underslung suspension, boxed, fabricated crossmembers, all kinds of handmade brackets and whatnots.

Front Suspension - 1936 Plymouth double dip tube axle, '40 Ford spindles, 53 F100 drum brakes. The underslung springs were custom-made new by a local spring shop.

Rear Suspension - Ford 9" axle, Pete & Jake's ladder bars, sleeve airbags. No tank or compressor, just an air fitting to keep things simple. It rides a bit better than the normal transverse leaf setup.

Engine - '62 289 Studebaker V8. Weiand 2X2 intake with Holley 94s. All the linkage was made custom and I even milled down the manifold top so the angle matched the car. I used intake clamps and accessories from a '51 to make it look older. The engine was fully rebuilt about 30 years ago by a proper machine shop and kept in an old man's basement unfired until I threw it in my car. Transmission is '57 Studebaker, completely rebuilt.

Wheels - '33 Plymouth 17" wires. Firestone bias tires. Probably going to need new rear tires sometime soon.

If you are interested, I can send you the HAMB links to the build that I have saved. There's too much more to describe, so email me your number if you are really serious and I will give you a more detailed rundown on everything. It isn't a perfect show car, and I'm willing to point out all the good and the bad of it for you in proper detail so you know exactly what you are getting.

The only trades I would consider would be a partial trade for a 20s-30s roadster or coupe body, a 650 or 750 Triumph, or maybe a reliable daily driver and a good chunk of cash. I'm mostly interested in cash for my other projects.

5.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  2. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

I took a few pictures today.

Attached Files:

3. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

4. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

I'm going to install a Toyota 4AGE four cylinder in this car to boost resale value.

5. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

I'm airbrushing a scene of the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand on the doors, in honor of the 100 year anniversary on the 28th. I don't know if I should portray Gavrilo Pricip as a hero or a villian quite yet. Advice is appreciated.

Here's another picture of the car.

Attached Files:

33cruiser likes this.