Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD, SOLD, SOLD! 1926 Dodge Brothers 5-window hot rod

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Animal, Nov 15, 2014.

1. City: Alamosa

State: Colorado
    Price: $15k
    SOLD!! PLEASE DELETE OR DISREGARD. I love this car, have spent a lot of time and resources getting it straightened up from when I got it, but have to admit that it either needs to find a new home or be un-channeled a few inches so I can be comfortable in it.

It's a rare body style, a '26 Dodge Brothers 5-window coupe, chopped 5" and channeled 5". The body is all original steel, other than the top filler, which came from a Dodge pickup. It's on a '31 Chrysler frame, is titled as a '31 Chrysler. I have a clear Colorado title in my name. The doors and trunk work well with original hinges and latches. The windshield is the only glass, and pivots on original hardware.

The engine is a '77 Dodge 318 and runs great. I don't know the original mileage, but it doesn't smoke or use any oil. There are a couple small oil leaks. The transmission is a rebuilt TF 727, rebuilt completely about 1,500 miles ago. Gennie shifter. Sprint style homebuilt headers (from a kit), 12" glass packs sound damned good. Painless Wiring.

The front axle uses a Speedway axle/disc brake setup for a Model A with new spring, perches, shackles, and shocks. Steering box is '36 Ford. Rear suspension is ladder bar/triangulated trailing arms/ air bags with onboard compressor/switch/gauge. Rear axle is Ford 9" with 3.50 gears.

15x5 wheels up front, 15x10's in rear. New tires on all four corners, BFG Silvertowns from Coker on the rear.

Bomber style seats from Rotten Leonard's, tach, speedo, volts, water temp, oil pressure gauges in the original dash. it runs great. New headlights, w/working turn signals, horn, etc. Totally legal, licensed and insured, no issues other than a few small leaks, rattles, squeaks and other minor inconveniences that come with a nearly 90-year-old car.

I'll sell it or will consider trades for cars of equal value that are larger body-wise. 30's and 40's coupes, sedans, mid-fifties Chevy or Ford two-doors, maybe others, but must be running, ready to go. No projects, no bikes, boats, or buses. Hit me up if you're interested @ 719-588-8566[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014