Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage So who is going to syracuse?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J. A. Miller, Jun 30, 2015.

1. frdsuperduty

frdsuperduty
    from Lewes De

Maplewood Inn usually has a band and outside bar with food.400 7th north.

2. I was looking at the band list for the Old School Round Up stage and the Blue Ribbon Bastards are not playing this year? Does anyone know why I was really looking forward to seeing them Jim

3. olds vroom

olds vroom

I'll be there again this year but as a builder in the back yard build off . Would love some votes from fellow hambers. I've got the 31 roadster. Hope to see you there.

4. 38mag

38mag

I'll be there, my first time. I'll be bringing my Plymoth.

Attached Files:

5. Well, I got my usual spot. The tilt-tele sold.

6. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

For those in the area on Thursday there are three regional cruise ins that are worth a trip. Farthest away (33 miles, 40 minutes) is on the shore of Oneida lake at Sylvan Beach, NY 2 miles north of the intersection of NY rte 31 and NY rte 13. Cross the bridge Turn right just as you enter the "village". There is a funky old school amusement park if you have the kids with you.

There is also The Bella Domani 5988 Taft Rd East, just north of the Syracuse Hancock Airport about 15 minutes east of the Host Hotel.

Also in Baldwinsville, NY (about 20 minutes west of the Host Hotel) in the parking lot behind the Baldswinsville Dinner. I believe they are planning a band and some out door movies after dark for this Thursday. Near the intersection of NY rte 31 and NY rte 48. Each place has food and beverage close by.

7. jcs64

jcs64

thanks, plym46,
    got any info for fri?
    Where's the hang out?

jeff

8. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

No local cruise ins on Friday, Friday night Syr Nats schedule says Fire Works at 9 PM. Sat night Sweet Inspirations Ice Cream spot on Rte 3 in Fulton is usually well attended.

9. olds vroom

olds vroom

Ok the car is there in the ol school roundup building covered and waiting to be unveiled on Friday

10. Hey Olds Vroom what make is it I will be there all weekend looking forward to seeing it Jim

11. raymay

raymay

Going again this year with the 56. Will be parking with a few local friends and notaford1 with his 29 Dodge.

0721121256.jpg

12. olds vroom

olds vroom

It's a 31 ford roadster you can't miss it

13. Jim, did you loose that map to all of your buried cans of cash again! Or are we building a new garage?

14. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Iam preparing the area on my riverfont hill where my 59 Yellowstone camper will be going. Retaining wall supplies and equipment rental isn't cheap. At the same time my 303 for my 47 Olds is off to the builder next week. Time and money is at a premium right now. If a Hershey spots comes along I may have to be liquidate my Olds engines,and Olds-lasalle stuff. Selling it off and sitting still at Hershey would kill me but all this just means Iam moving forward overall and that is very good thing..I haven't been to a single car event since the winter indoor stuff.Iam heavy into car related things,just in a different manner right now. AND prepping for my Gene Winfield Metal Shaping Class ,Sept 5,6. I will be sneaking away to see the WoO sprints on the 28th,and a local sprint race on the 31.I call that therapy
    How did the select shift build work out?? Jim F

15. Tony

Tony

Change of plans for us, a small group of us will be going early sat morning and hanging for most of the day instead of sunday.
    99% sure i'll have this.
    image.jpg

I just have to swap the master cylinder on it 'cause the "new" one i used when i built it is now leaking, then just give it a once over.

Tony

16. jcs64

jcs64

tony,
    I wont miss that one, nice

jeff

17. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

Jeff, great to meet and chat with you today, your car is killer, pics don't do it justice at all!

Sean

18. jcs64

jcs64

sean, id like to say i remember talking to you but holy chit did i talk to alot of people :)
    stuck at the hotel right now since i left my car there last night, i had a great parking spot, so i just took a shuttle back to the hotel. Now i find out the shuttle dosent start back up untill 10am, (dammit!)
    Also looks like ill be commutting back and forth for Sunday! The club called my cell @9pm last nite and they want it for the winner circle!
    Two hrs too get home tonight, then two more to get back Sunday morn, then another 2latyer that day to get home again, only a true fool would do that much driving for a $5 trophy, LOL

later, jeff!

19. wex65

wex65
    from WV

This was my first year there and got back late last night.

Had a blast and got way too much sun. The Gentlemans Coupe came away with both a Street Rodder Top 10 and Tucci Pros Pick so I am a happy camper.

Props to Hilton Hot Rods and Ross Racing Engines once more for their hard work. The car was a big hit and I have a sore throat from answering questions.

Met a few HAMBers and saw a ton of nice cars. Definitely on my calendar for next year.
    11429748_459528394172196_582922991_n.jpg

20. jcs64

jcs64

Ahhh, the sore throat, that's how you know the car turned out good!
    You'll learn to pack cough drops :)
    I did stop and check out the coupe too, I didn't realize you were on here or I would of say hey..

jeff