Register now to get rid of these ads!

so the towing company i hired dropped my vehicle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oj

oj

Well, thta was interesting 31Vikki, how you managed to keep civil thru all that is a wonder, but i hope you will keep us abreast of the replacement for the bronco? I mean, you still don't have a project for your buddy, right?
    Can't quit now, you're just getting good at this! And think of all the stellar advice you can exercise! But we got to have pics of the next one or it didn't happen! ok?

2. I am actually very sorry this happened to you & I should not have even bothered posting in the first place because there are so many people that do not have a clue about transporting but they have to post their stupid responses to the ones who do know. I hope you have better luck next time & maybe have seen the darker side of transporting. IE.. brokers, liars & mulitcar transports.

3. Model T1

Model T1

Read the following sentance slowly.

IT WAS AN A C C I D E N T !:)

4. Hey jim, vintage,

My respect for you is about to end.
    I'm uncertain why you feel the need to post the pm's or play detective about my decision making. Hey I'm not an asshole for not choosing your services, but you are certainly trying your hardest to prove that you are .

How the fuck do you know that I every intention of getting it before I bought it and the guy I was going to drive with needed a hernia operation.

You don't know that but thats why I called a transport in the first place.
    None of yours or anybody else's business but since your fucking Sherlock Holmes I figure you'd eventually find out. I'm just saving you the embarrassment of you looking any stupider

5. A Rodder

A Rodder

That sums it up. Had 31 Vicki said, "I paid $500 dollars to have the body stored for a few days, because the seller needed it gone THAT DAY", and that any one of the PREFERRED HAMBer Haulers was waiting to get out to the body to pick it up, the responses would have been very different.

They would have been more of a sorry dude, that sucks response rather than a "you fucked up getting the cheapest qoute" posts. I have had several friends have their cars shipped and I really don't think that anytime they have been picked up within a week let alone a day or two once the contract was agreed upon.

]IT was an accident that had nothing to do with any hauler!!!!!

IT WAS AN A C C I D E N T !:)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

That's about it right there!

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This was NOT an accident. This was plain old human stupidity. No car, outside of one headed for the crusher, should EVER be picked up with a fork lift.

Combining not being secured, with a smooth metal support surface, and a very effective moment arm, who's swing increases as height does, is a recipe for disaster.

Even if it did not get dropped, what happened to everything that hangs below the framerails? I can't think of much there that is designed to support the weight of the vehicle.

This was not fate, but destiny.

7. MRTS33

MRTS33

I'd consider myself lucky then. The time you'll never get back. Just chalk it up to experience. Move on.

8. brad chevy

brad chevy

Nobody is perfect at what they do,whether it be a seasoned transporter or a guy just getting in the business. But Trulyvintage is all about himself,no need to go on and on about how perfect his services are just to advertize his business which he does alot on the Hamb. Give it a rest ,crap happens. Just because a guy charges less for a job doesn't make you any better because you charge more. If he had hired a so-called real transporter there wouldn't be a chance of this happening,Wow that statement is just plain nuts.

9. will a moderator PLEASE close this thread!!!!!!!!!! Nobody is hearing anybody at this point. And EVERYBODY wants the last word.

10. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

I just wanna see the Bronco now...

11. Me too, five pages of bitching and no pics, come on!

12. I have read the thread word for word. and i can tell you one thing for sure two shippers on this thread will never get my fucking business holy crap get the fuck over it.he didn't hire you mind your own!

13. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Do pics exist, did the OP actually see the Bronco damage?

Maybe it was not damaged and the hauler wanted the Bronco?

Just wondering...everybody else gets to play detective, I wanna play too!

14. Yea I have pics
    I'll try to get them loaded into an album tomorrow.
    Posting them here on the board would be disrespectful.
    Its not about the vehicle , but I know you guys are curious and apparently conspiracy driven.

They'll be good for the “that'll buff out jokes"

Anybody need a tin foil hat?

15. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

John Stamos is a homo.

16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not that there would be anything wrong with that.

17. murfman

murfman

X2

I just bought an OT car from Cali, won the auction tonight and initially came to the HAMB to find a hauler and found this thread instead. What I did find is 2 guys that will not get my business.

I am getting a one way ticket to LAX instead. It will be more of an advevture this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.