Register now to get rid of these ads!

So I have a new life goal!!! 200MPH

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bones35, Feb 10, 2007.

1. bones35

bones35

well ive reached all my life goals. I wanted to have a harley by the time i was thirty. i accomplished that early and stretched into hotrods. My favorite car from childhood had always been a 40 ford and i have one of those too. so damn i dont have anything to live for. i was reading the jimmy shine artical in a rod mag about going 200 mph and was really taken back how cool that must be, and it got me thinking that i have nothing to push for in life, sure i need to further my business but i mean in the world of dreams. so i got to thinking and i have a hotwheel of sorts that ive loved since i got it and i now have a new dream. I want to go 200 mph at boneville in a chopped sectioned narrowed 40 ford coupe. yep thats it by the time im 45 and im 31 now i will accomplish this goal. i might not accomplish the art of spelling but i will go 200mph. so this is my statement, so if were all still around i look forward to your help and look forward to boneville. I HAVE A DREAM !!!! cory

pic of the hot wheel in a minute.

2. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Great goal! Got a friend with the same goal...we're planning on doing it with a Monza. Not "traditional," but we're building the car to go fast, not look cool doing it.

Get yourself a B'ville rule book and start the investigation! Good luck and congrats on the new goal.

Brad

3. bones35

bones35

[​IMG]

let me try and get a better pic.

4. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I wouldn't mind crossing that off my list either. Good luck in your quest. At 31 you're just getting started.

Doc.

5. bones35

bones35

6. Darn, the H.A.M.B. calendar only goes to 2010. I was gonna make a note for the year 2021. Sounds like a good goal.

Thanks,
    Kurt

7. TREDold

TREDold
    from Minnesota

Alway though that 200 MPH on the ground would be a good goal myself, good luck sounds like you will make it.

8. bones35

bones35

your right sounds like a long time but you know the way time flys it will be here before you know it. i dont want to make a time line that is unreachable or that would strain my family so that is it, my wife already puts up with enough shit, if i set that goal for five years from now with a little boy still in her belly, i dought i could reach it, for me this is a reachable goal. if i reach it before then great. cory

9. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Join the club.

10. Brickster

Brickster

That's funny I've been obsessed with the same goal. The difference is I would like to do it in a '50 Chevy pickup.

Brick

11. I guess 200 MPH is okay if you want to leave it in 3rd gear...:eek:

12. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Crazy Bastard!!!

Seriously...Good Luck

EDIT:
    One day I wanna go to the "salt" too - the idea of running something there...shit I can't even fathom it......I can dream.

In the meantime I am still working on making my last dream come true...I'm WAY behind schedule (as if I really had one) but I am getting closer and closer.........

Attached Files:

13. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, me too. Went to Bonneville last year and I finally understood. Came home , bought a bellytank and started in. This LSR stuff is really addictive.

14. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Hoping to go to Bonneville this year. And good luckto you in your dream of 200 mph.

15. 1984 I wrote down 10 things I wanted to accomplish in my life! nine down one to go. I need a red hat before they put me in the ground

16. Wesley

Wesley

go for it, the 2 big goals I have left in life are to go 200 at B'ville and to race up Pikes peak. My youngest graduates from high school in 2 years and the child support stops a monthe after that. I think I can achieve both of my goals by the time I am 50. That is my story and I am sticking to it dammit!

17. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

sounds of so dammm familiar

you my brother and is your wife my wives sister
    lol

i fell ya brother

18. Don't get me wrong, I just thought a mark on the H.A.M.B. calendar would be cool. 2021 does sound far away and futuristic. One of my goals this year is to actually make it to Bonneville, and I should make most of the El Mirage meets.

Thanks,
    Kurt

19. toolow4i75

toolow4i75

I feel this vibe,I have had this dream for years.
    I have gone 140 numerous times and 160 once, but 200 on the salt is still the dream.
    I even started getting the vehicle together, avega with an intercooled GN engine, maybe i will get back to it.
    If you have not seen it, watch The worlds fastest Indian.
    Good luck.

20. bones35

bones35

im thinking blown big block chevy , gas class cory its a dream but i will make it happen. cory

21. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

Dont ever give up on that dream just build a safe car.

22. mad-cad

mad-cad

I had the Bonneville itch for years even flew out from England in 1992 just to watch,finally built my car and raced it at speedweek in 2005.It was worth the wait and the torment.Trouble is after you've raced once at Bonneville there's no going back to life as it was!!Stay focused and we'll see you in the staging lanes soon enuf :D

23. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Lately, I've had the same dream. Went to the San Antonio Autorama a few weeks ago and came across this roadster and I couldn't walk away from it. I talked with a guy that was working their hot rod store booth, and the more we talked the more...well you know. I think he said they're going for 268 this year...bitching huh! Man, if I did that, I think you'd have to pull me down off the ceiling...I'd be floating around for a while. I want to make Bonneville in the next couple years.

Attached Files:

24. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Couple more pics.

25. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Ah shit, sorry.

Attached Files:

26. I have two unfulfilled goals. To turn a quarter-mile in 7.99 seconds or quicker at a speed of 200+ mph. Then I want to sing "Back Home Again in Indiana" at the Indianapolis 500. :D

I thought of getting married a few times but it was simpler to just find a woman I hated and buy her a house.

27. TREDold

TREDold
    from Minnesota

What steering ratio does a car need to be safe at 200MPH?

28. WILLIEJP1969

WILLIEJP1969
    from Iowa

Let me know if you go, I've been going for the last 6 years and would be more than happy to meet up with you.

Jim

29. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Chopped, sectioned, narrowed 40 coupe for the salt...........grand idea...would like to be involved in a project like that....but a big block Chevy in a Ford?........many nice things being done with the 385 series Fords these days........

30. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

I agree. The 385 series Ford has barely had it's potential tapped and it's blowing off BBC's like crazy in many forms of racing. Going 200 anywhere would be fantastic!

Good luck,

Jan