Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects So I bought another car....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jalopy gal, Apr 13, 2010.

1. I bought this car from a guy here on the HAMB and wasn't even really looking to get a "whole" car. Just went to look at fenders and took the whole thing. I'm still in shock that it has the original dash. And all the windows roll down. Anyhow, bought & dragged it back home. Just got done tearing out the seats tonight and attempting to clean it out some. Still alot to be done. A lot. It had no engine but I did find the VIN on the tag around the door which was surprising. I also found the renewal tag paper from the last owners that had it titled. The numbers matched....wow I thought! Tried to find them but who knows where they may be now. Apperantly they must have re-titled it at some point.

Attached Files:

2. cool...good luck with 'er....

3. international iron sled

international iron sled
    from san diego

4. Shit, I wish I had the $ to do a gasser! I think it would look cool too.

5. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

why would you say it costs alot to build a gasser?they were mostly made with whatever the owner had or could get cheep.you dont have to spend thousands on a hemi.just hundreds on what ever motor you can find.you can get a straight axle for a hundred bucks{which is cheeper than fixing all the bad front suspencion parts}use spindelmount wheels with no brakes{cheeper than new calipers roters and pads}.it will be way cheeper than trying to do a resto.just my opp.

6. Looks like a lot of fun, i just recently embarked on a very similar type project on a 50 Chevy 2-door. Good times!

7. wvenfield

wvenfield

I agree that building a Gasser is cheaper. Put brakes on it though if you are going to actually drive it on the street.

A couple bucket seats and the interior is done.

8. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Cool,gasser would be different for sure.Good luck with it!

9. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

The gasser thing is being over done just like the ratrod craze. Clean the car up put a cheap 2 tone paint job on it lower it. You will enjoy the car more this way.

10. I would definitely have it on the road!! Have several years before it would be tho.

I'm not too knowledged on what it would take to build a gasser but I've always liked them. If I look at it from the side just right, it does have a slight raised stance in the front to it and I keep hearing a voice that says "gasser, gasser".

So we'll see. Right now it needs quite a bit-o-cleanin! I've found bones, a lower jaw from some animal, and a dead rat. Who knows what else lurks in the nooks and crannies.

11. THE SPEED ADDICT

THE SPEED ADDICT

All ya need is a straight axle up front and your in business for a Gasser.

Nice find, ya better get buisy!

12. I've always been partial to 4 doors. (Ozelle the '55 Ford, who is also a 4 door, is impressed that you bought a 4 door, and she sends friendly horn honks to you and your '53). Build it as a driver, get it safe and reliable, fix the cosmetic stuff as you can afford and meanwhile enjoy driving the thing.