Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage So Cal Early Ford V8 Club Picnic & Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroddon, Aug 19, 2012.

1. So today was the Early Ford V8 Club Picnic & Car Show at Twila Reid park in Anaheim, jsut a few miles south of Knott's Berry Farm. After breakfast with some Hot Rodders at the Ortange Cafe, Cathy and I hopped in the 37 Coupe, and with buddy Alex in his 39 Hudson sled headed over. Nice little park with lots of trees. Not a Huge show, partly because of a change of parks and partly because of the crappy heat and Humifity we're haivng but a nice show nevertheless. here's some pics, hoep you enjoy;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

what? No Falcons???-looks like a good time- nice rides

3. A couple of Pintos. A late Ranchero, A very clean Maverick, a few Mustangs, but alas, no Falcons

4. Someone asked what the thing was on the running board of the T. It is an Acetylene tank for the headlights!

5. The correct term for the "tank" is carbide generator Don. The tank contained water and carbide powder. When the driver turned on the water valve, water dripped into the basket of powder and created a gas that flowed through rubber hoses to a burner in the headlights. After turning on the water drip, the driver then walked to the front of the car and used a match to light the burners. Really makes you appreciate light bulbs and electrical systems!

Looks like it was a good show. Thanks for the pics.

6. Dean that makes more sense than what the guy was explaining - he said it was Water and Acetylene - which I really didn't think sounded right.

IT was a nice little show.

7. Nobey

Nobey

Nice show Don. Say could you put my name on the waiting list for that 37 woody?
    Thanks........