Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Snow Comin'

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oj, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Paul, now your talking about my yard Art! lol I have my own little junk yard behind the little service station. But the UFO is a driver. Here is my bird house, they had already moved in too. This is our first snow this year. I hope it's our last too. Ron... 018.jpg

2. @Ron Funkhouser parked there the snow won't hurt that car at all, wiping it off may;).
    since i am an "essential personnel" at work i went in this morning. it was suggested i use snow shoes, what a pain in the ass, almost impossible to work the gas pedal, let a lone the clutch with them on.

TFoch, oj, RICH B and 3 others like this.
  3. We might, but it ain't going to be today.

Dino 64 likes this.
  4. TudorTony

TudorTony
    from NJ

2 hours ago and it's still snowing. Got another 8" since. 800' drive way in the Pocono Pa. woods. Wasn't sure the ole F250 was gonna do it. Got stuck a bunch of times but got it moving each time. Round 2 tomorrow. No piss and vinigar left today. Recovering with Jack Daniel's :)

Attached Files:

5. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Need to start doing a desalination process.Gov. Moonbeam needs to spend money more wisely

6. 1941coupe

1941coupe

storm what storm ? the weatherman predicted 12"-18"blizzered conditions here on long island ny, got 3" of snow then turned to rain and most of it is gone... global warming?

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nope. That takes way too much electricity, and we don't have that. About half of our electricity comes from fossil fuels, so that's a no-go. Even if we fixed the electricity issue, desalination outputs huge amount of extremely salty water. Discharging that anywhere will kill anything in its path, in water, or on land, so that's a no-go, too.

8. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been driving the 55 to work daily since maybe Feb 2౦th... snow was gone and we got a ton of rain to wash the salt off the roads. We have had salt and snow from Dec 8th. I' m so tired of it... IMG_20170310_180701.jpg IMG_20170310_100926.jpg

9. exterminator

exterminator

This weather is the reason I stay in So Cal. Don't know how you car guys put up with it.:oops:

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you guys all die yet? I need to know if I can swing by with a few semi car haulers and load out.

LOST ANGEL likes this.
  11. Well, not that many beers ... Miller 64, low in carbs, calories, alcohol and taste. Chili is about medium and so is the salsa. Got chicken to make and this is dinner.

Started with about 6" of snow this morning... then it rained and got up to 37. My kids kept up with the steps and walks and it turned to slush. We have virtually no snow, just 2" at the most. I went out and scraped the car and dug the slush next to it so I can get to work easier in the morning. Temp is dropping like a stone, down to 28, just a 1/2 hour ago it was 30.

12. Not so fast bucko.. I'm in Islip and its gettin' cold. We got slush but most of the snow is gone and the wind died down finally. I made sure my car doors opened so I get no surprises tomorrow.

13. OGWindsor

OGWindsor

As of 2 hours ago we had 25" and it's just tapering off now! Left work early so I'm drinking my Busch and I shoveled around the grill and am gonna do burgers for my bride and I just to kinda give winter the middle finger in my own little way!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. First thing.. shovel out the grill. I would cook outside but the deck is too slippery and it just started snowing. No real accumulation since the rain killed most of it.

15. DSCF0001.JPG DSCF0003.JPG except for about a half hour around lunch time, it has been snowing since i got up at 5 am.
    DSCF0001.JPG

16. dads old plow truck. two wheel drive. he said he would use chains and load some weight in the back and he never got stuck. as a kid i remember riding with him and people flagging him down to plow their drive.
    i put some chains on my truck for this storm and i never slipped a wheel while plowing. tray5742.jpg DSCF0002.JPG

17. ^Can't help noticing the '57 150 2 door 6 cylinder sedan looking as though the rear is out.^

18. they were always working on something.

19. j3harleys

j3harleys

70s and 80s in Colorado this week. Unbelievable.

20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

12" in center [really] of CT, maybe little more farther away from garage..pretty solid stuff..I'll go to it tomorrow; don't think it will go any wheres..

21. I had to shovel so much snow already, that I just...... f0b16c30d0fbcaad20ae3e1b1deabe6f.jpg

22. atch

atch

Morton???

23. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

28 inches and getting windy.
    Won't be going anywhere next few days I guess.
    I'm retired I'll just hang around the house till it melts.

24. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't need it. There is an overabundance of salt already.

25. Just cold this morning on the Island, 19* and a little windy. Total snow is less than 2" but lots of ice where the slush froze solid. Supposed to be 45* by Saturday... may pull the rear out of my Ford.

26. VTjunk

VTjunk

20170315_071148.jpg
    20-22" not enough to really effect anything

27. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

12* this morning and 15" of snow here in W. Mass.

28. Well I found out this AM for My area 2 1/2' of Snow & temp is Below Freezing
    Yesterday I had Push the Storm Door for about 15 min. to get the Door open
    so I could get the Shovel
    and clear in front of the Door!
    its about 50' to the Driveway & then I might see if I got a Paper ?
    I doubt it but its some thing to do for the Next couple of Days or
    when ever the Guy that Plows my Driveway comes.

just my 3.5 cents

Live Learn & Die a fool

29. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Eating some words now. We got at least 1 1/2ft total. Third time round with the snowblower today.No haircut people for my wife here today and that makes things easier for me.Seems we got winter all in two days!!!

30. Just cold and windy here on the Island. Going to hit a high of 41 for the next 10 days with piddling snowfalls here and there.