Register now to get rid of these ads!

Small block for intake options

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mudslinger, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Just wondering whats new out there. I have done some web searches and couldnt find much.
    I have a small block Ford that I might drop in a F-100 some day and was wondering whats out there now.
    I have seen the three dueces but wow pricey! I have seen plenty of setups for chevies.

2. squirrel

squirrel

small block chevys were around back when lotsa guys were running Stromberg carbs, and Holley 4bbls had not been invented yet. The small Ford V8s came along later....kind of missed out on the multiple carb thing, it was all over by then.

this is just an explanation for the fact that there isn't much in the way of SBF trips compared to what's available for the Chevy and other older engiens.

3. Fordman75

Fordman75

The bolt on set ups you are pretty much limited to 1-4V, 2-4v, 3-2V or a 4-2V down draft Weber intake.

If you can do some fabrication the later EFI lower intakes make a good base for custom set ups. Since all the runners are inline right down the center you just make up a plenum box and mount anything you want to the plenum box.

Attached Files:

4. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Thanks for the info.
    Someone wa stelling me there making some new setups like one or two single barrel carbs on some look a like things.

5. Fordman75

Fordman75

I don't remeber if it's Moon or some other company, but they sell an adapter that let's you run dual carbs on a 4V intake.

6. Bgoodman

Bgoodman

www.vintagespeed.com

Brendan

7. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

8. I am making an adapter to run 3x2 on a late model injection intake. let me know if this is something you'd be interested in. :)

Matt

9. Big Tony

Big Tony

As posted above the vintage site is pretty kewl and sould atleast be a good start. The other well known sites are just gonna promote their stuff only.

www.vintagespeed.com

10. Terry

Terry

Of course it depends some on how you plan on useing the thing. And I love the look of something different, or multi-carbed as much as anyone, but... I have found few that run as good, are as easy to tune, and just flat work, as the Edlebrock line. The performer package with a Edlebrock carb for hassel free driving is my favorite. Even if it is a little boring