Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Sluggish Vacuum Wipers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959 F100, Apr 27, 2016.

1. 1959 F100

1959 F100

When I turn on the windshield wipers on My 1954 Century, they barely move about 1/2 way up before stopping. All vacuum lines are brand new, engine is pulling very good vacuum. Where would I put lubricant in the motor,, to free them up to move normally?

2. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Air tool oil where vac line attaches

3. The paddle is probably gummed up with old grease that has hardened up.

You need to take it apart and clean it up and reseal/ HRP

4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is what a lot of Ford guys do on the Y-Blocksforever site. Disconnect the vacuum line the one going thru the firewall, put the hose in a jar of brake fluid, move the wiper blades back and forth sucking up the fluid. Let it sit for a day, if the wipermotor is inside the car try to put something under it to catch any dripping fluid if it does. After a day start the engine, the fluid in the pump and lines will burn off. Most of the fluid shoud be in the leather seals in the wiper motor and they should work good again. I also stretched the springs on my wiper arms for less pressure on the windshield...good luck

5. That's how I FU$KED up the paint on my Model A pickup. HRP

AVater likes this.
  6. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Disassemble & clean everything inside. I soak the paddle inside in carb cleaner for about 30 seconds & spray off with hot water, then lube with RCBS case lube. It's amazing how well they work ...
    You'll probably have to make a socket for the fasteners.