Register now to get rid of these ads!

Slicks on the street

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragster, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Judd

Judd

Hoosier makes a (Quicktime DOT) tire with the same soft compound as their Quicktime slicks but with thicker side wall and regular street tread.

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yes, I have run these tires in the past. Good tire, but squirrelly as hell in the rain. I have driven them in the rain in the past, when I was younger, but then I did a LOT of things when I was younger that I wouldn't do now.

3. aaggie

aaggie

A good friend has a T bucket with a healthy BBC and very wide M/T tires, it is a very scary ride on dry pavement. I can't imagine a damp day....

4. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

I run my Hurst on the street all the time for over 2 years now rain the car stays home, but I've been caught in a few storms and been cautious with no problems just can't be jabbering on a cell phone and act like you're driving a civic JUST BE SMART YOU'LL BE FINE!

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

A friend of mine had the same setup. He was coming home from a rodrun on the beltway. He came around a bend right after one of those black clouds had just passed through. He did a complete 360 across 3 lanes. Luckily traffic was light and he did not hit anything or anyone. A nice bright warm summer day. No warning and no real rain.

6. mickeyc

mickeyc

Tires are very much an engineered safety related item. Everyone knows
    the facts about slicks on the street. They are what they are. The act of siping or grooving tires that were never intended to be modified is just plain foolish... especially with a skill saw!

7. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i used a skil saw to groove mine.

Smelled wonderful.

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

YOU"LL DIE, YOU"LL DIE! Actually, I am typing this posthumously.