Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Packard.......in waiting!

Attached Files:

2. Old Plymouth seen better days....:eek:

Attached Files:

3. The Ol' Hudson Coupe soaking up some weather......:(

Attached Files:

4. GMC Pickup.....Forgotten :eek:

Attached Files:

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The idea of some old folks keeping old cars so they would occassionally have someone to talk to is very true. I had two such experiences in Alabama in the 70s.
    In one town a pair of sisters who had outlived their husbands, and children and the rest of their family still had Grandad's PierceArrow Touring and another full Classic (the brand escapes me today) Six wheel Custom-bodied Sedan...sitting in the field about 100 yds from the road and 50 yards from the house. The cars were both covered by several sheets of roofing tin wired to the fenders and bumpers and that is all the protection they had. I was shown these cars ona trip with my Coast Guard unit and returned to check them out. The ladies were wonderful old Southern grannies who sat on the porch with me for an hour bringing tea and food and more tea and more food and teeling me about their Granddad and the old plantation days when he was the first guy in their part of SE Alabama to have a car and how everything changed so much after the First War and dramatically after the Second War. They had conversations for years with folks from the world over who wanted to purchase the cars but they knew that when they sold them they would never have company again. They are certainly dead by now and who knows what happened to those cars.

6. MobyNick

MobyNick

I first saw this car about 19 years ago. I took these pics about five years ago. As I recall the story was that it burned sometime in the 60s and it's just been shuffled around ever since.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  7. Dyce

Dyce

Here are some pictures from South Dakota. Most of these were taken back in the late 80's early 90's. Some came home:D, some may still be rotting:(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was my back yard where I grew up:D

[​IMG]

8. Dyce

Dyce

Some more, hauled this model a home.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Larry W and Nailhead A-V8 like this.
  9. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

dont know what the first 2 are, the last 2 pics are a '64 273 4 speed barracuda

Attached Files:

10. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

Here's a few from www.forabodiesonly.com. Looks like some neat stuff. Anybody know what the one in the middle is in the second picture? Looks like it has some definite potential. (no, not the red one)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  11. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

ck the for sale than say ............oh HE wants gold for everything!!!!!!

12. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Remember a 29 Essex under a Barn When I was A kid that the farmer wouldnt sell because he was saving it for his grankids. Left when I got older and found out years later when I came home that the grandkids didnt want it & it went to a junkyard & was scrapped!

13. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

That's exactly what THEY did.:cool:

14. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Woah, Kiwi,

What is the story on that "T"?????

15. Mac_55

Mac_55

Thanks for my new sig line HA HA HA!!!!

16. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

the first one is a "63 Superior Cadillac Flower Car.

17. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Guys, I feel just like everybody else (and it only started with the great '54/'55 Stude!). On the one hand, we wanna get mad at the people not doing anything to prevent cars with great potential from rusting away. And on the other hand, we feel FRUSTRATED that WE don't have the financial wherewithall and/or SPACE to save some or all of them! It's a real conundrum for rodders, dudes!

18. sskustoms

sskustoms

Here are some from Indiana rotting away

Attached Files:

19. That T has been sitting in Turners junk yard in Fresno for 30 years, not for sale. Jerry, the yard owner was storing it for a friend, the friend died and now he is storing it for the family who don't want to sell it.

20. texkbc

texkbc

This 38 chevy has been sitting for 40plus years. We had a storm and a tree fell on this thing the same week that the owner turned down my offer. He is 80yrs old and lives 500 miles away. He owns a 1 acre pc of land the borders our property. He will probably never even see this car again. I offered him $250 which was pretty low. He wanted $500.

Attached Files:

21. 067chevy

067chevy

Like to have the valve covers for my nail head.

22. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

theres a chev near where my wife boards her horse, and its sat like this in the same spot for yrs, and wont sell.,. Im not much of a chev person, but i would snag this if it ever got for sale

[​IMG]

23. freebird101

freebird101

that is so cool

24. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

The Pick-A-Part in Ontario California has a whole separate yard that the employees keep the choice stuff in that never makes it to the main yard. They have some 40's stuff, A bunch of first generation Mustangs, A few tri-Five Chevy's and a few other brands. None of the stuff has moved in about ten years.

25. jim galli

jim galli

See, now all this stuff should come to Nevada. With 6% humidity and less than 6 inches of rain a year, it could sit forever and about the worst thing that happens is the goo in the middle of the safety glass goes bubbly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drove over to San Juan Bautiste to look at a '39 panel. The lady had this Buick. Yep, it was her moms and she's going to restore it. Right. '50 Roadmaster convert and really needs to be rescued soon.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  26. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

A coupe on the farm.

Attached Files: