Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. That '37 Ford big truck panel is indeed rare, only one I've seen other than in sales literature for '37 Ford trucks. The body is way bigger than the more common 112" wheelbase 1/2 ton panel.

2. scotts52

scotts52

3. tombstone

tombstone
    from sk.canada

4. Squablow

Squablow

^^ I'd bring that home if I could.

5. Dyce

Dyce

Looks like that has been in a fire. Cool but sad.

Ron Funkhouser and els like this.
  6. You know, a lot of people on here have started with some pretty bad junk, but to me, that one looks like its never going to be anything but a pile of rust. Just too far gone.

Ron Funkhouser, els and czuch like this.
  7. Drylake

Drylake

That toasty 32 5w is a cool find. Get a sedan cowel and doors and you've got alot of a coupe! Hopefully the quarters aren't too thin... wish it was mine! I've got the front half.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The H.A.M.B. mobile app
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  8. Hey Ron that a Chrysler sitting there!!!!Bruce.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Ron Funkhouser and els like this.
  9. That burnt coupe above reminds me of the wasted tudor I drug home years ago.....it had been under water for years. Sadly not savable....it looks better in the pic than it really was.

rusty 005.jpg

10. Stumbled onto some "riprap" streambank stabilization on a recent quail hunt. There's 10 of them in there.

Riprap 1.jpg Riprap 2.jpg Riprap 3.jpg Riprap 4.jpg Riprap 5.jpg Riprap 6.jpg

Nailhead A-V8, LONG, gonmad and 10 others like this.
  11. I like old trucks generally and have always had a soft spot in my heart for the '40s Studebaker pickups like the one in the pics that Rusty1 posted. Stude didn't win any styling awards for those trucks but I like them anyway. Guy not far from here has a nice one that he drives a lot. Hard to believe anybody would use a '59 El Camino to stabilize an embankment.

12. That 32 five window and tudor are very rough. I found a 32 Ford { body only} in a swamp,and laying upside down. The only thing savable was the dash. It's now in my model A coupe. Here's an 34 Ford delivery that we saved from a river bottom. And an 34 Chevy I found, and the farmer gave it to me for free. It is sad to see them that bad. Ron... 459.jpg 1526.jpg

13. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Just grabbing the tailgate off that El Camino would be worth the price of admission.

14. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmm. A half track ton and a half panel would be kinda traditional.
    upload_2017-11-1_12-58-9.png

Cooon, czuch, els and 1 other person like this.
  15. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

A shame to leave it, and a shame to take it and ruin the scenery in a way...:(:D If one doesnt get it tho the next guy will, so .....

czuch and els like this.
  16. I've talked to the land owner and I will be going back with a trailer and some tools, and a young guy who can get up and down the bank a little better.

LONG, Bowtie Coupe, czuch and 3 others like this.
  17. Squablow

Squablow

Grille bar in that '53 would be worth grabbing too, even if it is missing a couple of teeth.

Bowtie Coupe, czuch and els like this.
  18. Another quail hunt last weekend. Anyone know what the roadster quarter and cowl might have started life as?
    The front axle rear spring perch is marked "FZ 2031" and "S 12".

Roadster  fenders 1.jpg Roadster  fenders 2.jpg Roadster cowl 1.jpg Roadster cowl 2.jpg Roadster LF fender 1.jpg Roadster LR Quarter.jpg Touring panel.jpg Touring quarters 1.jpg Touring quarters.jpg Roadster Spring Perch.jpg

19. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

Oh boy, if I was driving a Toyota camry, I would have that iron strapped to the hood hauling it home :D

drylakespeedshop and els like this.
  20. Do you think they drove it out there?

els likes this.
  21. scotts52

scotts52

Whatever it is/was, you need to save it. They're not making the stuff anymore. The pickings are getting fewer and people are starting with less than that.

22. Picture1106171712_1.jpg Picture1106171707_1.jpg Picture1106171710_1.jpg saw this at a local junkyard today

23. Deuces

Deuces

Satellite/Belvedere wagon????

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    els likes this.
  24. I have been a rust addict for 50+ years so believe me, I am trying to find a way, but it's a half mile pack to where I can get a trailer, which is almost 100 miles from my house. If I knew what it was it might just get me fired up enough to hire help, but who wants to drop hundreds of dollars on a 19075 Henway?

els likes this.
  25. And yes, I am sure it and a the touring probably drove there as there is some faint evidence of wheel tracks, and a homestead foundation, but the access looks like it may have been a goat trail that is now blocked 4 or 5 miles from there.
    But, where there is a will, there is probably a way.

biggeorge and els like this.
  26. That Yellow & black Pilot House truck has the desirable cab with the quarter window's. I think its a 48 or 49. Someone has already removed the really cool Ram hood ornament. We have three of those Pilot House Dodges in the collection. one runs. Those flathead six engines are really smooth running mills. Notice the bed and running boards are black. Most all of the early Pilot house trucks when new no matter what color the cab was painted the bed bumpers and running boards where painted black.

biggeorge and els like this.