Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. 46stude

46stude

Came across this F1 the other day when we were picking up a junk Isuzu for scrap. Guy "is gonna fix it", but I'm working on getting it. I'd just turn around & sell it, but I hate to see one just sitting like this for no good reason....

Attached Files:

2. dexleo2

dexleo2

found this last weekend, trying to find the owner now. Will go back and get more pictures.

Attached Files:

3. TotallyT

TotallyT
    from Indiana

[​IMG]

All of these were taken locally by me...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  4. TotallyT

TotallyT
    from Indiana

5. TotallyT

TotallyT
    from Indiana

6. TotallyT

TotallyT
    from Indiana

7. TotallyT

TotallyT
    from Indiana

8. TotallyT

TotallyT
    from Indiana

9. TotallyT

TotallyT
    from Indiana

10. TotallyT

TotallyT
    from Indiana

11. TotallyT

TotallyT
    from Indiana

12. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

TotallyT those cars going to scrap always sadden me, especially when the scrap yard wont allow people to buy them out of the yard. That is far worse then someone letting them rot in a back yard any day of the week.

13. TotallyT

TotallyT
    from Indiana

Im with you there...Its out of my hands as I can get about anything I want but nothing with the cars. They get parted out for a few days and then they are sent on to the next life...I have alot more, I just didnt post them.

14. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

Parked outside for some time. Badges say 427, correct pipes, black leather inside and power windows. Aftermarket wheels. No idea if it's a true 427 but one day I'll know. No I'm telling you where it is! Sorry. :)

Attached Files:

• 66.jpg
      66.jpg
      File size:
      123 KB
      Views:
  15. [​IMG]

Thick in the briar patch...

TJJ on iPhone

16. 1940 standard. Parked in the early 70's right there, can't be bought, he "knows what it's worth"

I'll keep checking...

TJJ on iPhone

Attached Files:

17. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Me too, I'd really like to find one in the near future.

18. scotts52

scotts52

I wouldn't mind having that Olds. I like these cars. Just brought home a 55 4 door. Pretty decent for just sitting around for 20+ years.

arn Find T;7402777][​IMG]

Thick in the briar patch...

TJJ on iPhone[/QUOTE]

19. henry29

henry29

Are you in Dubois county?

20. TotallyT

TotallyT
    from Indiana

Used to live in Martin, Now in Monroe. The firebird was in Martin at the time of the pic.

21. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

1931 (my guess) Ford truck - NW Ohio. Too far gone to resurrect but man, what a great street rod this might have become.

Attached Files:

22. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]... I'll take it; doesn’t look too far gone to me. [/FONT].:rolleyes:

23. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Looks to be a Coupe slashed into a pick up which was once popular with farmers, etc in gas ration days.
    Or, is it an old Hot Rod? I can't make out what all the lettering on the side says? How well done is the conversion? Do you have any other pics from the back?

Don't count it out as a project or for parts. It could live as a Coupe again. Those roof pieces could be used with a Sort Coupe to make a Coupe. Cowl top, etc look good. Is the subframe still inact? Plenty of Sport Coupe owners would love to have the roof. Or, buy this and gather some coupe quarters...

24. CORPO

CORPO

I saw this one about a year ago, dont know the story on it but man it was a cool truck, I had to double back and take a look...

Honestly, didnt look like it had been in its current location for all that long.. anyone have any idea on its year?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

wow that would be an easy resto too

26. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

27. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

If he knows what its worth why is it still setting outside? Such a shame!

28. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

I beleive this is one of approximately 20 built for the city of Detroit, closed cab design was for the severe cold. If anyone else knows please say so.

29. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

Black over red was Chicago fire/ambulance livery.

30. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

Your right, my bad. I read an article on these trucks a while back. If I remember correctly they were a special design for the city. They had heaters throughout the cab which was uncommon at the time