Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Along the same lines as Mr Galli above, Wyoming is also drier than a popcorn fart, and has plenty of space for old tin to grace. When I moved here from rust-ridden Ohio 10 years ago, old cars and trucks still inhabited BLM land. In a shameful waste of taxpayer dollars, the BLM actually paid to have them removed! Too bad, they gave some perspective to the rocks and sagebrush....

2. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

Here is one that I found this summer

Attached Files:

3. pontiac

pontiac

Here are a few I've found.

The same guy that owns these has probably 50-100 cars. He has more 20's-30's era cars around the farm and some through the 1950's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Owners of this 55 bought it new about a mile from where it sits today. It has been sitting in this same place as long as I can remember. I remember going by this car every day when I was still in elementary school. It could be seen from my class window, I remember looking at it a lot :D

[​IMG]

These next two sit at the same place. The old Dodge is probably too far gone to ever be saved.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last two for now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave

4. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

There is a fifty ford woody in Tijuana mexico, I went every year and cleaned the rain guters out so the roof would not rot for twenty years , and the old guy would give me the same story , first he was going to fix it, then it was his son, then it was the grandson, I watched in horror how every piece of wood fell off this car , when I first found this car ,it was cherry , the wood still had the varnish on it , Ten years ago the old guys house burn down but not the car, I ask him if he would sell the car so he could fix his house. He said no , and just sat in a chair and stared at his car. I finaly gave up , and never went back to check on the car .

5. texas hotrodder

texas hotrodder
    BANNED
    from Texas

6. Rusting in my yard...

Attached Files:

7. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Damn a 67 Ralley Sport... cool find!!

8. I know it's O/T,but that is a far better F-body than most. I've had a couple of those in my mis-guided youth;they do like to rust.

Also found a pair of(what looks to be...)early-Thirties coupe and sedan bodies real close to me. They look like Ford,look rough(but not "to-the-salvage-yard" rough),and I'll try to get pics to post today. I'm dealing with a car I just bought,so I may not get right to it. There's some other parts scattered in this (residential)yard;bumpers and grilles and such. I'm sure some other central Michigan HAMBers may know of these. PM me and I can provide directions. I'd be interested,but I've got a new baby to occupy one side of the garage,and no other room for this stuff-plus I $pent my money already. These may be better than they look from the road,and should be saved if they're worthy.

9. fieldofcars

fieldofcars

I guess my dad was one of them people, He said he was saving the cars but they still set out in the field for years. Well we ain't letting that happen we are trying to find new homes for these old cars and trucks. I was out numbering and photo's sunday. I got up to 304 and still got more to go. It be awhile till I am done. LOL

10. essexrat

essexrat

Here are a few from Saskatchewan Canada...Saved one 30 Essex so far, going back for the others soon.

Attached Files:

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  11. electron

electron

I've attached some pics from a local junk yard. For the last couple of years I've tried to buy parts from the owner but he has refused saying they revoked his buisness license. When I tried again two weeks ago he told me that "they" had started crushing all of the cars in the junk yard. I don't know who "they" are but by two weeks ago they had crushed all but 600 of the 2000 cars he originally had in the junk yard. Check out the one pic...yes, that's a Cord! The junk yard is/was the coolest place.

McBride Auto R.I.P.

Attached Files:

12. bbanks12

bbanks12

wish i took a picture before i moved it, but this is after its journey to my house. btw this thread is making me sick

Attached Files:

• 1st.jpg
      1st.jpg
      File size:
      45.3 KB
      Views:
  13. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Lots of goodies!! Need any help? :D

14. essexrat

essexrat

Hey Al...you got a decent trailer? If I can, I still plan on going back before the snow flies, if not, in the Spring...I'll let you know when I'm going...might be some Essex parts in it for ya...later.

15. fitzee

fitzee

I guess I am one of them people.I have this 52 fleetline for a number of years just sitting in my yard.Sence I got it I can see the change and it is getting worse.But like all them others say.I`m going to do that car!!

Attached Files:

16. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

can anyone seriously explain the "I am going to fix them up one day" mentality,when clearly the longer they sit the harder they are to fix up.I am at a loss for this way of thinking.

17. Ghost28

Ghost28

A lot of the projects that I bought on impulse. Usually were a good deal, and I had good intentions of hot rodding all of them. But every one had a set time frame to start, or move them along to someone else. This way I never had to say I am going to fix that up some day...John

18. There's a 65 Ranchero sitting near a gas station in my town that hasn't moved in the 3 years I've lived here. There was a car cover over it for a while till it slowly blew off in the span of about a week. The worst part is that it's in so much better condition than my own (at least for now).

Just up the street from the gas station there is also a rent-a-box storage place that flooded a couple of years back with a nice looking mid 60s El-Camino inside the fence. Every day I'd drive by it and the water would be closer to it than the day before until eventually all that was still above water was the greenhouse... sad.

19. I've got a couple theorys on this.
    I think car people more than anyone else are guilty of seeing things as "not what they are but what they could be". The guy that has an old car sitting for years and hoping to restore it "someday" probably just can't let go of the dream. He ain't thinking, "Hey i'm 80, maybe this one ain't gonna get done". And you can bet if it's been there 20 years rusting away, he ain't feeling any sense of urgency just because one of us stumbled onto his prized rustbucket.
    Second, and this ain't always the case, but how many of these old bastards are just tired of lowball assholes tryin' to steal their cars for nuthin'. And yea, some of em' are nuts. Just because ya saw a 70 Roadrunner convert. with a hemi sell for 200k, it don't mean your 4-door slant 6 belvedere rusting out back is worth 50k.
    I think the most difficult one to swallow though is when the car that ain't for sale is either junked or finally sold and for whatever reason your never heard about it till it's gone.

20. chriseakin

chriseakin

I think that is either a Porsche 924 or a Mazda RX7 - sporty stuff either way.

21. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Where in SK are they? I might have access to a friend's 18' flatdeck. It's a nice trailer, I used it to haul my new T project home a couple of weeks ago...
    [​IMG]

I've also got my 6 x 12 enclosed cargo trailer if it's just piles of parts and bodies that need to be hauled home.

22. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

Uhh....the old one in the middle. As in the '30's Ford or Chevy.

23. thunderkiss65

thunderkiss65
    from Detroit

24. thunderkiss65

thunderkiss65
    from Detroit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Take a guess as to what this was...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Amazing how many Nash-metropolitans were in so many pictures, even a couple verts.

26. Wow, if that Vette carcass could talk! That guys got one hell of a collection going there.

27. 31whitey

31whitey

I cant believe that 32 is just sitting there behind that rusty car

28. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

'62 actually, close. Superior Coupe de Fleur.

29. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Black long roof behind the rear of the Poncho looks like a hearse. Any more pics of that beast? I like trying to ID them.

30. RickyD

RickyD
    from SW WA.

Here is a couple that belong to an old friend ,we are both over 50 now and it just hasn't sunken in with him yet. Goats are supposed to eat blackberries. We have watched blackberries eat this goat for over 30 yrs. The 55 wagon was his first car and rots away. Look close and there is a 55 delivery just beyond it. Not visible (because of the berries) is the 57 Fairlane 2 door that WAS very restoreable:( No amount of money will buy anything of his. As previously mentioned, the more that people ask about it-the more it is worth. This is only a small sampling of his rust collection.

Attached Files: