Register now to get rid of these ads!

Since tail lights seems to be a recurring theme lately......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jasonic, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Jasonic

Jasonic

I am in the middle of doing body work on the Rivi and can't for the life of me figure out what taillights to use. Anyone out there have any good ideas for tail lights to go on a 64 Riviera? I have come up with a couple of off the wall ideas but wanted to get some input.

2. DrJ

DrJ

Change just for change sake alone is wrong.
    If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. You'll just end up screwin it up.
    Rivi's are almost "done" from the factory.
    Just shave the handles, locks and name badges, lower it on some Supremes or Buick Skylark wire wheels, paint it shiny and cool and drive it.
    Leave the lights alone.

3. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I agree with DrJ in that the Rivi's don't need much, but the taillights are pretty gaudy. They look kinda like an afterthought in '64.

I'd say the best bet would be a '65 bumper with the taillights in the bumper.

4. Donzie

Donzie

I really don't mind the taillights but I'm not crazy about the fancy R and vertical bars. What about just making some new lenses? Subtle but effective.

Attached Files:

5. james

james

What about taking the back up lights near the tag and making them seperate lights for brake, turn, etc. Small, but effective. Use LEDs if you're worried about visability.

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

hows this?

Attached Files:

7. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

I think some new VESPA ET4 taillights would look perfect then you can use one of the stock Rivi taillights and put it in the back window for a 3rd brakelight.

-Jason

8. Jasonic

Jasonic

Jason, I already thought about the ET4 tail lights, they almost work. Tim & Donzie thanks for the ideas. I might just give those a shot.