Register now to get rid of these ads!

(((SILVERCITY SHAKEDOWN))) New England HOT ROD show.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by allstarderrick, Apr 11, 2011.

1. OGS41

OGS41

Hey, while you guys are having a pissing contest about names, I can't even go ! Got a nagging case of billet I'm trying to get rid of as finances allow, a Plum Crazy paint job, and I might have to work that Saturday to boot. Might not even make it as a spectator and I'm less than an hour away.

2. scarylarry

scarylarry

I like the color. White steelies & wide whites would change the look big time.

3. spezialitat71

spezialitat71

I think Larry has the right idea. Havn't seen the rest of the car, but if you were to change the rims and tires and kept the hood closed, that most likely would take care of the billet problem....even if you can't get to it, we have spectator parking. We are having an after party too....If you can't make it to the show, why not stop by and have a beer?

4. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Also out to anyone planning on attending, we're goimg to be doing a "chopping" seminar on a Model A coupe. It will combine local Hot Rod builders along with amateurs. You don't have to work on it the whole time but we're letting people sign up for how ever long they want to participate.
    I thought it was kind of a cool, different thing to do at a show. I remember seeing it done years ago at Lead East and few years back at the Boston World of Wheels. It seems to draw a good crowd. Let me know if you guys have any interest in participating.

5. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

It's 74 Birdsey Ave. Meriden CT 06450. I'll have the directions on the website this weekend. It's only about a mile and a half from RT 91/RT15. Let Doug know if you need a vendor spot. Thanks

6. schwerko

schwerko
    from bristol ct

Lookin forward to it!

7. OGS41

OGS41

Good suggestions, hope to see you there.
    Thanks

8. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

i'm trying to round up a few other members to make the trip. looks like a good time!

9. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Hey Derrick, also trying to get some of the Rusty Nuts to make the trip north. Hope we can all make it, sounds like a great time in the makin'.
    J'mike

10. Paul B

Paul B

We walked the site last night, real nice place for a show. Big pond for people who like to fish.

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I agree with Larry, wheel and tire chage would make a huge difference. I bought my steel wheels used and they were dirt cheap. I did spend the extra though on a nice set of Diamondback WWW.

12. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

It's official, we have our artwork coming from the best in the business. We'll have limited edition T-shirts and posters available. You're definatley going to what some of these. I'll post a preview when it's finished.

Let's see if he's been following this thread :D

13. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Derrick, Good Luck with Show

14. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Thanks. Maybe you guys can make it down. Good to meet you in Austin.

15. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Hotel rooms are booking quick. They'll be holding rooms at the discounted rate until May 10th. Get yours soon if you're planning on staying. Our Saturday night afterparty is held at our host hotel's bar. Nice and convient and only a mile from the show grounds.

16. Fenders

Fenders

And Silver City is in New Mexico...

Edited to add:
    RE post 29, Ruiner steps up like a man, I like to see a Hamb'er do that (and I been there...)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  17. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

I agree.

18. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

We'll be set up at Lake Compounce this weekend promoting the show. Stop by for a cold one.

19. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

See ya at the Show and the Lake...
    I don't have to work this Sunday it will be nice just to f@@k off and buy some shit

20. Paul B

Paul B

Alot of people stopped by our spot at the CSRA swapmeet, We ran out of flyers lots of interest. Going to be a Jammin Time

21. First of all, the Symco Shakedown is MY show. And the Steeltown Shakedown was started before Symco. Our name came from a little contest we had on here in the summer of 2008 I believe. Yes, Ruiner named it. I am sure the Shakedown has been used for an event long before any of us. Nobody owns the name, however it does blow that there are three events with a similar name now.
    Good luck with your event. I'll gladly trade website links if you have one.

22. Paul B

Paul B

Next year we'll call it THE SHAKEUP lol

23. 1960CHEVY

1960CHEVY

Let it go. It's not like people are going to accidentally drive 1000 miles or more to the wrong show. They're going to make sure it's the one they want to be at.

24. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

Only afew vendor spots left.

25. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Hey give me a call I will take a spot in the shade :)

26. Are you letting bikes in that follow the "rules"?

27. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Do to our venue size we did not include motorcycles in our format. I'm sure we can find a spot for you though.

28. Paul B

Paul B

We may even have a Wedding .

29. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Sucker
    A true friend would never let that happen :)

30. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Just got our rough show logo design from the man. Just what we wanted. [​IMG]