Register now to get rid of these ads!

Signed up a while bakc and enjoyut the feeds, but looking for help in Seattle area

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Mattsbidnuz, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Mattsbidnuz

Mattsbidnuz

Hey HAMB, I have been reviewing this page for quite a while and I am in need of some help with my build. I am currently building a 1928 Ford closed cab pickup. I have glamorous plans of running an 8BA flathead. I recently picked up a S10 T5 transmission got more excited as I got home to just find out I did not have the correct bell housing for this and so now the search continues. I am now searching for the infamous 3" OEM bellhousing adapter for an 8BA to T5 (Chevy transmission) I have looked at Speedway for the rest of the kit I need to get this completed, but without that part the kit does me no good as well. My plan for this build is to go 50's era style other than the stance with modern running gear in spots. Some of the stuff so far is a flat front crossmember, 4" dropped I beam, 3/16" boxing plates, triangulated 4 link rear, 1937 Ford rear end. I am looking for local guys in the area with similar interests to bounce ideas off of and maybe spend time getting together for extra hands and experience going both ways. Knowing people with similar interests also lends to possibly not having the need for all the required tools to do this sort of hobby. I really enjoy doing these builds. I just cant afford and don't have the space for every tool I could possibly use at any given time during the build. Any of you local to the Seattle area that have a willingness to help out a fellow hot rodder please reach out seems like everyone I have ran into is only into it to see what they can get out of it. Thank you for your time and look forward to possibly meeting people to enjoy this hobby with.

Cyclone Kevin likes this.