Register now to get rid of these ads!

Signature lines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slim tempo, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Model T1

Model T1

Signature lines and avatars are a window into the minds of other members. I enjoy them. It's a way to add fun, fiction, or facts into a great forum.
    Mine is simply a list of the junk I have right now. Maybe I should just change to some simple thought of the day but we are limited to about what I have now..

2. mine is a line from "Turtle" in the '80's surf film "The North Shore"....a total cheeseball, cult surf flick. "Turtle" was a Jeff Spicoli-like surfer on the islands who shaped all of "Chandlers" boards, swept the shop floors, etc, and never got to go surf on the good days...poor Turtle.....

3. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

I just changed mine after a recent episode of King of the Hill,gotta like Hank.
    Had to condense it a little due to character restrictions but the point is still there.

4. RamJet1

RamJet1

A couple years after starting my truck project, my friends at work were hassling me about getting it done, so I started hitting it harder. The work was coming along nicely, so I planned to have it done November that year. When that deadline passed, I set it for the next November.
    Seven Novembers after that I'm now thinking November, next year.....

5. From an Austin Lucas song, specifically this one

6. oj

oj

I have a notebook that i copy the funny ones into.
    The one i saw the other day was:
    Carrying a cat by the tail will teach you a lesson that cannot be learned any other way - Mark Twain
    I read thru them from time to time, cheers me up.

Mine is from the Spartins that stood in front of Xerxies at the pass of Thermopilye. Xerxies sent them a note of respect for such valient men...'lay down your arms and i will spare you'
    The Spartan Commander replied "Molon Labe' ...'Come and Take them!'

7. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Changing mine:
    "Traditional hot rodding is thinking outside the box, not a paint by numbers project"

to:

"you can't match wits with an unarmed person"

after reading the "Are Doug's Headers made in the USA?" thread

8. bowtiemyk

bowtiemyk

Mine is from Queen's "I'm in love with my car". Remember -- 2 n 2 is 4, 3 n 1 is oil.

9. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

I stole your signature...not for here but somewhere else...just switched it to 1979...because apparently I've been fuckin' up ever since! :D

10. birdman42

birdman42

I took mine from Joe Dirt.

11. Model T1

Model T1

After reading this thread I decided to change my signature. Altho I thought of many this one kept coming back into my little brain. Someplace long ago I heard it and for some reason it stuck. It fits with today's world.

12. Brog

Brog

Haha it just DOES!

13. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Please report SPAM posts in the forums, but DO NOT REPLY TO THE POST.
    I think Clay Mart has a good one. This is his above.

14. Bob W

Bob W
    from Here

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.....the closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes. :)

15. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I change mine periodically, right now it's a lament of the way a lot of people treat the hobby and those in it...

16. the other me

the other me

I just changed mine the other day....thanks to our fearless leader!!!

17. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

YES!

That is my sentiments exactly!

18. I was motivated to change mine today.

19. tred

tred

mine came from bumper stickers we had made years ago. one of 'em stuck on a suitcase got us stopped and searched at an airport while trying to enter canada...

20. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

If it's not broke,let me fix it!

21. Eye nevr sean this tred be4.

22. hoodprop

hoodprop

My wife asked me on night in the garage how long it take for me to be done. I told her i have 2 bolts and about 10 minutues. Well that turn into a few more hours of work. So now everthing takes 2 bolts and ten minutes.

Wizzard23

Jason Boland best dam song.

23. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

My wife found this one. We both quit our 9 to 5's, moved from Miami to Savannah (where we didn't know anyone - just loves the "feel" of it) and are doing what we really want to do. She writes, I deal antiques. Life's short - do what makes you happy.:)

24. fsae0607

fsae0607

<DL class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><DD id=signature>"If man built it, you can fix it." - My Dad</DD><DD> </DD><DD>My dad taught me most of what I know about cars, and he told me this mantra when I got my first car in high school and he saw how scared I was when I opened the hood. Keeps me going when faced with any repair.</DD><DD>
    </DD><DD>"The equations never lie!" - Dr. S. Prince</DD><DD> </DD><DD>From my Automotive Engineering professor in college. I told this to one smart ass customer when I was in tire sales when he argued about why we put new tires on the rear when you only replace two.</DD></DL>
    Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Self-explanatory. I try to employ KISS engineering with anything I design.

It's only nuts & bolts.

Another mantra to keep me going, especially with my recent Colorado cylinder head R&R.

"Yeah, but still..." - Me

My rebuttal to any argument when I have no ammunition left!

25. Truckedup

Truckedup

My signature is the only accomplishment in my life as a dog.

26. drofdar

drofdar
    from Fresno Ca

My Dad used to say this, even so, I had to learn it the hard way.

27. I'm like Sam,,I missed this the first time around,,

I like Traditional hot rods & Poetry,Ergo the T S Eliot. HRP

28. Dead End Sleds

Dead End Sleds

I used some misheard lines from Blinded By The Light. One of my favorite songs. Until interwebs came along I didn't know everything they said. Line I use still has car reference.

Posted using the '54 Full Kustom H.A.M.B. App!

29. Just good advise, in my opinion.

(oh, and it was a bit from the movie Stripes)

30. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Being over 70 now and having been hotroding from the mid 50's,My sig line I did as a point ;),it upsets me every time I hear some guy say or use flat or satin as finel finish,not that there were no cars that did run primer for far too long,but that the vast majoity was going to put shiny on later:D and never intened to keep it dull=why the hell copy in any way a look that shows a lazy ass not ever getting around to shiny. :eek:
    There was a resin primer was not aloud in car shows,it was not finish yet!!!
    I'm OK with primered cars as long as the owner is going to paint it shiny at some point.
    You asked,so don't get bent,thats just why.Beleve anything you like,mostly have a lot of fun with what ya got flat or shiny.:cool:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013