Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shriner swap meet in K.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bb1970, Sep 11, 2010.

1. bb1970

bb1970

I think the Shriners swap meet in Lee's Summit is the 18th &19th. Just a reminder. Don't want any of you K.C. guys to miss out.

2. bb1970

bb1970

Am I right??

3. Yep, You are correct. I'll be there.

4. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Where in Lees Summit?

5. Google Aarat Shrine swap. There is a map and junk.

6. wheelbarrowsgarage

wheelbarrowsgarage
    BANNED
    from Missiry

I will be there. Heading up in a couple of hours to get my space all set up. Got alot of stuff that needs a new home!

7. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

8. wheelbarrowsgarage

wheelbarrowsgarage
    BANNED
    from Missiry

Hey, NO IT IS NOT AT THAT LOCATION. I think they still have the Shriners website wrong. Last fall it was there, this time it is the next exit EAST. Right by Home Depot. If you get there after 7 then you won't be able to miss the traffic jam!!

9. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Yep, it's the same place as the last one, across the highway from the high school in the old rail yard holding lots. check the map because there is only one way in and out of the area.

10. I walked away with $232- worth of tooling for my Hossfeld #2 bender paying only $40-. I love this swap meet. Carl Hagan

11. wheelbarrowsgarage

wheelbarrowsgarage
    BANNED
    from Missiry

Carl, glad you had a good weekend. Most everybody else I talked to had very mediocre results. Worst I have ever seen it. Won't be back as a seller if they stay there. Did you see the spaces will be going up after next year? Insult to injury! Glad you had a good experience, may be the last one!

12. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Finally found it. I can get better deals on eBay, without having to get up early. I sure do miss the days at the Woodlands.

13. Racewriter

Racewriter

Yeah, the Woodlands was a great swap meet. They really need another venue. I did find out that there is another one on Oct. 2 in Gardner at the Johnson County Fairgrounds. I've never been to this one, but we'll see.

14. I went and bought a bunch of little stuff. I've never met a swap meet I didn't like. I must qualify that by saying I have never been a seller, however.

15. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

It was a pretty decent meet for me. I bought a '29 A truck cab to go on my chassis.
    Now I'm set for the winter.