Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show your racks or storage of a fully assembled car parts.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodhomework, Dec 11, 2011.

1. hotrodhomework

hotrodhomework

What do you do to store finders,door,hoods,seats,and everything else when you are working on the body.I did a search, nothing on this.I tried to get people to understand a fully assembled car will fit in 16x24 spot but you take it apart it wont.It will almost fit a 32x24 but you got to have room to work on it and keep the parts from getting more dents and misplaced. What I want is how you solve this storage problem?Build racks,shelves or outside storage building.Photos of this storage would be great.The parts are taking over inch by inch.

2. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

That's been an age-old problem. I own a restoration shop and right now we have 5 ongoing long-term projects. I have one room (12' x 35') of old grocery store gondolas. Then I have metal shelves (Like the heavy ones at Lowes, but they're 24" deep) around the perimeter walls of the entire shop. I also have a 40' ocean-going container and a 20' box from an old furniture store truck set up outside.

I'll try to post some pics later on this week, if I can find the time to do it.

3. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I've been thinking about making a rack to store a car on. I have a number of stalled projects scattered around my shop. I also have 15foot ceilings. Why not stack em right?