Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Shoutout to Lloyd and Anthony!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fortunateson, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I PM'ed both Lloyd and Anthony regarding my troubles in my Weirdness in Paintville thread. Both gave good advice and Anthony restored my confidence like a good teacher does. So I just wanted to say it out loud for the whole board!

This forum is full of of participants who give all in the interest of helping a guy out. This has got to be one of the best forums in the "Galaxie"!

2. Both are always willing to help out with their years of experience under their belts. Big thumbs up to both of them. hqdefault.jpg

3. Anthony has answered the calling in life that teachers feel. He's outstanding in that he has a way to pass on his passion to students. In a hands on way few others can. Most teachers today are restrained by orders from the top. I tip my hat to him.
    Lloyd is just a good 'ol boy! A real participant in the hobby. My kind of people. Even though he got rid of his '57!

4. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Always nice to read posts like this!

5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Double thumbs up!!

6. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ya gotta love em both, they have a lot of good information to share ! Both of these guys have a hilarious sense of humor !

PECOS PARACHUTE SCHOOL.JPG

8. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Being a retired teacher myself I know about being restrained. When the latest edict would come down I would just smile and agree. Back in the classroom I'd do it my way. Most of my classes had lots of laughs, good stories, and above average achievements. I would think Anthony works the same way...

9. You are very much welcome.

10. Might not always have the answer, but I'll always do my best to help :D

11. It was a love/hate relationship lol. I kept it longer than i thought i would've!

12. If I had a third thumb, I would give all three thumbs up! So. since we all have only two, all thumb up for both.

13. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

This is what the Hot Rod hobby we all enjoy is all about . Friends helping friends in need . Thanks to all you are OUTSTANDING as the DI once said

14. This place has answered so many questions
    I guess you could call it the Library of Alexandria for hot rods.
    From guys that are active, gone, passed and even banned.
    it’s hard to pass up an opportunity to add a little when it arises.
    I guess that’s a way of saying thanks.
    Everyone here has a lifetime of different experiences that adds value here

15. X-cpe

X-cpe

First rule of survival, don't step on THE MAN' s dick. Every time we changed principals I would pull in my horns and see what he/she enforced and/or ignored. After that it's business as usual.

16. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This thread should be many pages long...there is an awful lot of things to say about these guys:D.
    Both are a couple of the "funnest" guys on the HAMB...full of knowledge, experience and are always ready to offer help/suggestions. And to top it of, they have both chosen noble careers, and are an asset to society as well:cool:.

Hats off to @anthony myrick and @Lloyd's paint & glass.:cool::D:cool::D

Rickybop, loudbang, Budget36 and 6 others like this.
  17. Thanks Jack ;) your check is in the mail :D

Rickybop, loudbang, Budget36 and 4 others like this.
  18. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The last time you "paid me off", the check was a little short:mad:...I hope this one is a little bigger;)

19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's great. And I concur.

Spoke with Lloyd just today.
    I had a question or two but didn't really want to start a thread on it. I don't know why I picked on him, other than I've gotten a sense that he's involved, experienced and I like his humorous and approachable spirit. As I expected, he was helpful and encouraging.
    Thanks, Lloyd.
    (Just send cash)

20. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

There is so much help on here it's hard to pick. I have had so much help building my 1st traditional car. I have long experience building engs ,door cars, and FED but this had done me in.

Thanks to all that have helped and continue to help.

jim

21. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Imagine no HAMB.
    Wait... don't do that.

22. I'm not pro, i learned the hard way. Went through vocational school for bodywork when i was in high school, don't really know why, must've been a head injury somewhere in my toddler days. But i grew up next door to Zero's autobody, and that's where I hung out. They'd slip me some cash for sweeping and cutting up cardboard to mix filler on. Then they let me run a jitterbug, taught me to tape, etc... i guess that's why i pursued it in vocational school. But a 6 year stint in the auto glass industry taught me a lot, then i owned half of an autobody/upholstery shop, learned a lot about upholstery from that guy. I always say the only thing i can't do is automatic transmission rebuilds lol, the thought of it makes me cry lol. But I'm always happy to help out my fellow hot rod friends, and they've always been there to help me. This is a family in a sense. Not many people understand why we do this stuff. My phone number is all over the HAMB, never hesitate to call. I've called @anthony myrick for his opinions, that's the joy of our hobby to me. It's not all about the cars, it's just as much the people. Screenshot_20200303-132951_Gmail.jpg

23. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

24. This is very true !!

was just saying this to my buddy Troy who has 0 ZERO interest in cars ( thank God he likes beer or I might have to fight him)
    Anyways I was telling him how you won’t find better people then car people.
    I’m sure it simply because we all enjoy the same thing , speak the same language and for the most part have had the same struggles with busted knuckles , to many paint fumes snd not enough ventilation and touching that bolt you just torched a bit to soon!!! Lol

we’re all a bit damaged and good people through and through .

Cheers to everyone on this site who makes it what it is.