Register now to get rid of these ads!

Should I trade? AAAARRGH!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by InstantT, Apr 15, 2013.

1. afaulk

afaulk

X-2 this is your chance to be different. Sometimes different is cool. I hate to open the hood on a 40 Ford, or a 50 Merc and find a friggin 350 Chevy under the hood, even though I love my SBCs. To me somehow this is different.:D

2. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

Decision final. I know that "everyone" has a 57 ( which should be "every old guy"), but after sweeping the net I realized the most rare car of all is.......... a really tough 57! Not a cruise night t-shirt car or "back to the fifties" coffee-table-book car. I want a down and dirty flip nosed gasser and it is going to get (pause) the 440 plant. 57s are my favorite tri-five because they are tough looking while still being "sassy":p.

I found many photos of beautiful plymouth customs, but, I did the custom thing with my chrysler and I will never do another custom again. It was never clean enough, done enough, shiny enough, etc. I love to look at customs. I hated owning one.

Thanks for everyone's input. Every word was weighed and measured in this decision and I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  3. 45_70Sharps

45_70Sharps

I think you made the right decision.
    The '57 is one of the classics, worth more money, easy to build due to tons of parts being made.
    If you change your mind later, the 57 is not only worth enough to let you buy what you want, but there would be buyers lined up to get it.

4. Ditto

5. neighborkidswillys

neighborkidswillys
    from byron

No one builds a rough tough 57 chevy, they are pretty much all shined up, mostly stock appearing cars. You definitly made the right decision.

6. 70chev

70chev
    from knox, pa.

The stupidest car sale ever in my life was a '57 Chevy; Red and white convertible, sorta running, tired body but inspected, needed a clutch and the wipers didn't work, sold it for $75.00 to get some parts for my 650 Triumph Bonneville motorcycle. That was in 1968. I think about it sometimes....

you've been beaten by a porcupine....V-8 Chevelle..