Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shortened Cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Thorkle Rod, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pastlane

pastlane

I keep coming back to this one. Not too shabby

Attached Files:

2. Hey mopar freaks.heres one for you all.your not exempt heh heh heh

Attached Files:

3. Barz51

Barz51

I saw that "C-dan" last weekend, it kind of reminded me of a Bantam coupe for some reason. I liked it.

O/T what is the friggen deal with the speed cult crap in the back ground. That damn truck gets uglier and uglier every year. I would love to see the crap get booted and some more nice traditional rods in the basement.

Rant over.

4. Seeing all of these 50's cars, I'm amazed at the time, effort. and money wasted to make a car look THAT bad.

5. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

The little dodge is neat but the 50's car rocketships in the background are AWESOME!!! I gotta get one for my yard!!!! any more pics of them?

6. Foul

Foul

7. OK I did find a SHoRTY I dont like.........didnt think it was posible

Attached Files:

8. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

wasint this post started a long time ago. shortning is a dumb idea for a car. there's a reson you dont see a lot of them

9. ratster

ratster

opps double post

10. ratster

ratster

11. 2tondave

2tondave
    from Seattle WA

if you think that bus is badass - check this one out - used by the LA Fire dept in the early 60's - if my memory recalls it's been sitting for 40 years now in a fire station somewhere in Long Beach with 1426 orig. miles ....

Attached Files:

12. elrobo818

elrobo818

geez... talk about riding the short bus...ha!

13. Recluse

Recluse
    from Montana

How about a shortened pickup? (see avatar)

14. JWW

JWW
    from Wisconsin

way back in the day 68,69 ish I saw a mid sixties Mustang that had been shortened about 12 inches. they took out the rear seat. I know you HAMBers don't care for the newer stuff so much, but as a twelve year old gearhead, that was pretty cool.

Jim

15. Dave57shortone

Dave57shortone
    from Vancouver

DSCF2697.jpg 57s home coming 006.jpg

This is my shorty awaiting its turn for final bodywork and paint and a picture of my 57 as it was delivered from Oklahoma. I have had the rear quarters replaced, the top replaced and added 77 Granada running gear to include the front disk brakes and Hope to have it completed by summer 09. If you have any information on the history of this old shorty I would love to hear about it. It appears that it was shortened in 1967 or 68 and was never completed.

16. Dog427435

Dog427435

Just as weird!!

[​IMG]

17. 51 H.T.

51 H.T.

it just ain't a bus if you can't haul some women!

18. greasy50chevy

greasy50chevy

19. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

This thread reminds me of one of my favorite quotes-- 'Just because you can, doesn't mean you should'

20. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I have a pic of a 57 Ford shortie wagon taken at Bremerton Raceways', All Ford Drags, sometime in the early 90's. If I knew how to use this new computer and scanner I'd post the pic. Butch/56sedandelivery.

21. Lightning

Lightning
    from N. Nevada

How about one of the earliest "customs" that was done many,many yrs ago -It's called Brauks 8 - it has a '37 Terraplane front, grafted to a '36 Desoto 4 dr. rear. It has been sectioned and narrowed. -Looks almost like a "Legend"

Attached Files:

22. sedan33

sedan33

My thoughts exactly the first time I saw a shortened 57 chev wagon. :confused:

23. That is Steve Heller's place. I stumbled upon that place going to Cooperstown, New York on the way to the Baseball Hall of Fame. It's near the Catskill Mountains in upstate New York, I believe on state highway 28. We decided to take the scenic back way and zoomed right past it. Needless to say we HAD to turn around.

This guy is, in the truest since of the word, a craftsman. He harvests his own wood for the fine wood sculptures he creates. He integrates wood and metal into many of his pieces.

The "yard art" is amazing.

I don't know him personally, I just met him once. I asked him how did he come up with these creations, He told me he was hauling off a lot of "junk" from his father's estate and looked in the rear view mirror and saw possiblities. It never made it to the dump.

A truly neat place.

I could only afford a post card.

Reverend Jake

24. superbinder

superbinder
    from topeka, ks

My brother built this out of a 4 door 48 angila. He split the doors and used the front half of the front door and back half of rear doors. 75" wheelbase, 377" chevy.It was badly wounded when a tornado flattened his house on it. I think the BIG MAN was not amused. sold it to somebody down in witchita,ks

Attached Files:

25. classicfins

classicfins

I think this one is kinda bitchen.. Has a Herman Munster look to it.

26. henry29

henry29

27. henry29

henry29

28. classicfins

classicfins

I'm sorry.... but this one is plain badd ass! It needs a hemi with a blower sticking out the hood, fenderwell headers, and wheelie bars.. Reminds me of the "Zingers" they used to build back inthe 70's.

29. HOLY SHEEP SHIT ! That thing is so cool,cant see drivin it much but it has that "look"

30. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

wow, that 57 is amazing in its own right...i agree hemi and a blower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.