Register now to get rid of these ads!

Short of digging out an old switch....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Screws, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Screws

Screws
    from Baltimore

I bought this headlight switch for my '65 C-10 project that came with no pull knob. . . . Don't have the original, am presently scouring for a knob but coming up with nothing. Any ideas? I suppose they assume you still have the knob and metal rod that seats down into the new switch.

:confused: Thanks in advance. HAMB rules!

[​IMG]

2. squirrel

squirrel

3. Most any GM shaft will fit that. length may be a problem..

4. nutajunka

nutajunka

Alot of those knob shafts were the same from about mid 50's to mid 70's, might not be the right looking knob, but in a pinch they will work. I had one like you need, but used it as a gas can stopper until the plastic spout cracked and I threw it away with the can.

5. squirrel

squirrel

they changed the shaft from round to triangle sometime in the early 60s, so older ones won't work. The newer vehicles usually had a plastic dash that was thicker so the shafts are longer. The right repop one is cheap, easy to find, matches the truck, etc.

6. Screws

Screws
    from Baltimore

Squirrel, thanks for the link. Added and ordered. I failed to tell you guys that I destroyed the original one and threw the whole shebang out after feeling like a total dummy over it.

7. nutajunka

nutajunka

Got the shaft release figured out?

8. squirrel

squirrel

heh....shoulda asked....