Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Shopping for house in MA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CapeCodBob, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

I've never even heard of Assfield!

zzford likes this.
  3. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Dunno anything 'bout Assfield but I do about Ashfield.

Grew up in the next town North of it, rented an apartment in Ashfield on Main St for ~a year in the early '70's, returned and built here on the ridge 40 years ago, and barring the unforeseen I plan to remain until I pass over the bar. Great town that has been, and continues to be, very tolerant of other gearheads as well as myself. I continue to find it's a nice corner of the world to live out here in the territories and would be well worth a cruise out to check out the area.

Although I drive by the subject property on a regular basis, I don't have any additional detailed info other than the listing on it so can't pass along much more on it in particular. Anything else about the town or area feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to give you a straight answer .

Ed

4. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Garages are about as hard to come by as land out my way. I was lucky to get my 0.27 acre lot and an undersized old 2 bay in Woburn. There's stuff out there, sure, but that place around the corner with the 6000sqf garage on a dual zoned lot wasn't for sale when I bought...

I use Zillow to browse properties because it's easy to filter for lot size and garages. I'd be leery of anything on a "Main St." since that usually means a lot of eyes on what you do with your land.

I see why you liked this one though!

ISyn0sj2lc0c9b1000000000.jpg

5. hfh

hfh
    from Western MA

My wife and I have loved being in the Connecticut River valley. Beautiful, uncrowded, rural country roads and lots of history here.

RidgeRunner likes this.
  6. SEEKONK JIM

SEEKONK JIM

lived in ma for 27 years....a good place to be from..

zzford likes this.
  7. 2935ford

2935ford

When we moved here from Sioux City, Ia I found our house online.
    Wife looked at other places but I was not interested mainly because they had no garage space and most were in a tight neighbourhood.
    Our house has all the room we need inside, double lot outside, is in the country and just 5 miles from her work but........I got my 26' x 60' garage! :)

8. 4 acres, nice house with outbuildings with potential for car stuff:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/655-Tea-St-Charlemont-MA-01339/56976408_zpid/

There’s some great deals out that way, if you have a way of making a living out there. We looked in Shelburne Falls and surrounding towns a few years ago, but I didn’t have confidence that I could make a living out there. Your profile says you are retired so maybe it doesn’t matter.

We are now outpriced in Chelsea where we live so we thinking of moving to Lowell so I can keep working in Boston.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Most of Boston within the 95/128 corridor is pricey. What is your budget? When I found availability poor I finally built this 24' x 50' behind my house. Now I'm nearing full capacity again. iphone pictures 064.JPG

10. IMG_2024.JPG My wife wanted it stuck slightly down grade behind the house where it's not too noticeable. Had to put some serious drainage work into it but ended up okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.