Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Shop Ranchero Restyle

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by CGC, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Love the trim!

I think maybe why some folks are being thrown off visually by the new trim, may be the bare metal dragging their eye the other way.

The trim creates a fibonacci effect that leads your eye to the front of the car and showcases the wheel. And, I swear to god, the front end looks like it leans forward and up. Mimics movement and acceleration. Neat.:cool:

Here's a down and dirty, 5 minute, poorly done photoshop with the metalwork covered. Your Ranchero is freakin' fantastic!

[​IMG]

2. junkman8888

junkman8888

Redo the skirts. Take some of the "bubble" off of the bottom, put a slight curve on the top. In the car world, a perfectly flat panel reads "hollow" to the eye, so do perfectly straight lines.

Also, straighten the fender/door line, then add trim (right now you have too many lines going in different directions).

Agree on Squarebird grill, perhaps the fenders and hood too.

So far, outstanding effort.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  3. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

4. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Ridiculously cool!

Stogy likes this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lovin' the evolving Canvas @CGC...;)

6. rattlecanrods

rattlecanrods

Something inside me is screaming for the roof to be extended at least 6" rearward, like a scallop in metal… Or add some stainless trim to the b-pillar/sail panel…

7. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

After reviewing this thread from page 1, I have to say that the evolution process of this rig is to be admired. The slanted pillars, the rear bumper/exhaust ports, the skirts and 1/4 panels have slowly morphed into, from my point of view, what the car should look like. Though modifying these features has changed it looks the styling is so believable and classy. To me this is what true customizing is all about... the improved appearance of the vehicle is something that may have been on the drafting table when Ford was brain-storming for "the next look". No wonder the car always looks like it's smiling!

Stogy and Mark Grabo like this.
  8. Seeing some Rancheros on the custom thread made me think of your car.
    Anything new to post?

lowrd, Stogy and Sancho like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bttt...

How's things @CGC...I too was reminded of Ranchero's and thought of your spirited rework...;)