Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Shop Ranchero Restyle

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by CGC, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Killer, absolutely killer.

Stogy likes this.
  2. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

Beutiful .fantastic lines. Johnny

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  3. MeathooK

MeathooK

This is super inspiring man. I really like your aesthetic, absolutely killer.

loudbang likes this.
  4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Back in the early 1960's someone might of tried that with a stack of AMT model kits, so much better seeing in real steel.

Bob

loudbang likes this.
  5. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

I Flippin' Love It!

loudbang likes this.
  6. You have the back looking real swoopy. Now the front needs something. What's next? The best part of this for me is you're driving it. That's being able to have your cake and eat it to. :) Congrats on your continuous progress.

1low52 and loudbang like this.
  7. cycledelicjohn

cycledelicjohn

miss my 58 Raunchero ! Darth Truck ! in my albums (u can take a peek if u like ) !!

loudbang likes this.
  8. catdad49

catdad49

Clark, you're Back with a Bang! The Merc quarters make the rear a little heavier, but with all the additions it Definitely works. I know that when you "feel it", front end mods will come. Excellent Work!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    Stogy and loudbang like this.
  9. BJR

BJR

I also think that the Merc rear treatment makes the rear too heavy for the front. Now you need to make the front heavier to match the rear. Or figure out how to make the rear less heavy. But that's just my opinion:eek: and we all know what that's worth.:D

10. CGC

CGC

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

Totally agreed, the back is heavy with changes, and the bare metal isn't helping it all flow together at all! I've got some side trim I'm messing with, to help tie the front and back together, and a big front end change on its way when I get a week or so cleared in the shop schedule. I think it'll work well, but only time will tell

In the meantime, I found the ranchero's spirit animal:
    Fancy Guppy.jpg

brEad, chryslerfan55, AHotRod and 7 others like this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmm...the Golden Sahara had fish inspired paint...is the type of fish possibly the name of the Custom?, Color Scheme, The Double flared fins?...I'm curious...:)

12. catdad49

catdad49

Easy, Stogy!

deadbeat, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Catdad, not trying to be negative...no pressure to CGC I am a Nature lover...I thought there was something about it that inspired the build such as the colors and sheen...being an Artist of sorts many things inspire me too...my brother was into tropical fish...truly amazing how many different kinds there are...

I did have a feeling he was going to take things forward after the rear mods but just chose to go with the flow so to speak...an Artist in Metal without a doubt...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
    Okie Pete, catdad49 and loudbang like this.
  14. catdad49

catdad49

Stogy, I Know you’re the excitable type, I was just trying to calm you a bit. It’s All Good! How’s the weather Up there?

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had 4" yesterday..about 27F degrees now...days are above above 32F for the next two weeks just below at night...I think that's gonna nail the snow that's still around...yippeee!!...I think Spring starts springin' tomorrow...You're probably doing Hotrod already...:oops:

chryslerfan55, loudbang and catdad49 like this.
  16. CGC

CGC

Hahaha!

I'm not feeling offended or pressured at all! Bringing thin skin to the Hamb is never a good idea and I didn't take it that way anyways.

"The Fancy Guppy" has a great ring to it, but it's still far from finished. Although the planned new front bumper does have a bit of a fish mouth look I guess

17. Hmm..Edsel grille comes to mind.

Stogy likes this.
  18. Daddy Deville

Daddy Deville

I'd bet
    DeSoto or Packard Hawk

Stogy likes this.
  19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is without a doubt distorted faces of parts of that are visible in many car parts and in admired the beauty in can be intertwined with a chuckle as some can be pretty funny...and looking at the grills you fellas just mentioned I saw those features immediately...;)

loudbang and catdad49 like this.
  20. catdad49

catdad49

Don't miss that weather at all! Have taken the A out a couple of times this winter to blow the dust off. Stay warm, my friend.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  21. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoy watching the changes to Your Ranchero . You have amazing metal shaping skills .

guthriesmith, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  22. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

I immediately thought of a Square T-Bird front bumper. I’m loving the build.

brEad, Stogy, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  23. So cool man! I've never really seen a later ranchero done up like that. Not sure if the verbage but I know there are the big body and small. When I was a metal guy at a body shop we were building a pro street 62 ranchero. I always wanted one bet you hardly every come across them. Nice work.

24. Roger Loupias

Roger Loupias

Change-Chero. Loved her in the black suede with the wide whites.

25. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I just flat love this car/truck. Seeing your pics on insta I thought it looked like something had been done to the door/b pillar area but couldnt put my finger on it. what a major step to changing the look of the whole rig. and them merc quarters just do "it"

Stogy likes this.
  26. Hold it, might be going too far.

27. CGC

CGC

Small update, but the beginning of tying the front and back together.

Welded some 1957 chevy stainless together to make one long side spear. Then I re-shaped the tail end of it to fit under the skirt. Cut the door out and started welding the ends up, but I had to throw it on the car to see how it looked!

I think it makes it lower, longer, sleeker, faster even maybe!

What do you guys think?

IMG_7905.PNG 13DFDC08-F09F-441F-B7A4-E96CAA5F777A.JPG 1FB4FF55-E89B-49AF-B4EB-72EC56274F01.JPG B2B99FAA-4FF0-45B4-9DA5-79D2903E93D3.JPG IMG_8032.JPG

28. needs more stainless... maybe on the skirts?

Dos Cincos likes this.
  29. I may be alone in the boat with this opinion but I'm struggling with this spear. The tip seems off in the pictures, maybe it needs to come down a little so that it better follows the body line like the trim does at the door or maybe it is just the shadows in the pictures? I also feel the rear bumper is going to be left behind once the side is painted. Maybe more stainless across the top?

deadbeat likes this.