Register now to get rid of these ads!

SHOEBOX UPDATE w/ lot's of PICS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by geemann51, Mar 19, 2006.

1. geemann51

geemann51

It's been a while since I've posted, with the move to Austin and working 14 hour days pretty much 7 days a week, my mind has been elsewhere.

My wife and daughter are still in San Diego waiting for the house to sell and I am still in corporate housing. Untill the house sells, I'm pretty much on hold finding a new house there.

Our ten year wedding anniversary was last Thursday, so I snuck back to surprise the girls on Friday. Since I was in town, I decided to get the car back over to Gabe at Insane Customs for a little more work, so I thought I'd take advantage of a little sunshine in between the rain and snap a few pics of the latest developments.

As some you know SLAMIT and I started notching the car last winter befre he moved back up north. I was going to run a helper spring set up on dearched springs, but got hooked on getting the car as low as possible and decided on just shooting the works. I dropped it off at Gabe's place last Thanksgiving to fourlink the rear, bag the font, wire and plumb, and reconstruct the trunk floor with a sunken Mustang tank. When I was in town for the Big 3 in Febuary, I picked it up at the shop and drove straight to Qualcomm.

When I started this project 4.5 years ago, I hadn't planned on laying frame, so I went with a frame mounted master/brake booster combo. This now presents a prroblem since it hangs below the frame a quarter inch. So on this rainy Saturday in San Diego, I dropped it off to have the booster lifted and have a the floor blistered to accomodate the lift.

As I waited at the shop (can't beat the security, eh?), I snapped the following pics to pass the time and to share with all of you. I couldn't help but think to myself that I finally nailed the look.

Anyway, enjoy.....

Attached Files:

2. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

YOU MADE IT TO TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :cool:

3. seldom scene

seldom scene

Looks good Greg, I'm hanging in limbo selling a house too, patience is a virtue, but must it take so long to acquire? I hope you are enjoying Austin.

4. extremist

extremist

You can barely open a door in Austin now without hitting another CA transplant. :D

Anyway, welcome!

I dig the taillight idea, never seen that before.
    I'm trying to avoid the clearance problem by putting the booster in the trunk on the opposite side of the MC, and mounting the MC up and forward on the frame.

5. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

I love those shoebox customs - looking great!

6. Steve M

Steve M

That is a nice looking tail light treatment. Is that the stock lights turned on end?

7. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

I really like the look, especially the rear and the taillights!!!! :) Damn its cool!!!

8. jerry

jerry

You going to have a raised trailer hitch for her trailer?

Glad to see you are doing good!

jerry

9. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

gunna be a awesome ride. already is the was it is!!

10. geemann51

geemann51

Yup, stock 49/50 taillights. I'll probably put a Lee lens in eventually.

Austin is great, I had no doubt it would'nt be. The people have been great and there's always something going on. I'm looking forward to meeting some of the local HAMB'rs. Wouldn't you know it, the day So. Austin Speed throws a hulabaloo, I'd be out of town.

Dennis, I'd like to meet you and Frank at the Roundup. Drop me a PM.

Bill, I agree. Selling a house is definate a test of patience. It'll happen, we got an offer today, so we'll see. Hope you and Julie are doing Well.

Jerry, it was good to see you back in January. Sadly, but wisely, we sold the trailer. We'll be in the market for another one once we settle in. I'm thinking a 63 Suburban would pull it nicely, so it might be an excuse to get another pink.

11. lgh1157

lgh1157

Greg,

Congratulations bro, the car looks killer !!!!!!!

L

12. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

WOW. Thats thing looks great. I think youve had that car way too long and with all the new house stuff going on you should just sell it to me. :)

Its come a long way.

13. Now thats fucking low!!!

14. ian

ian

looks like its coming along very nicely....it lays out like all shoebox's should.

15. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Bad a$$. Welcome to Texas...

16. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

I like the look of the tail lights....

17. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

You nailed the look.

18. crusader

crusader

Awesome Greg!

19. Ron

Ron

Looks good, I did not think I would care for the windsplits being removed but I really like it.

Look at Gene Winfiled's lenses for it I think they are better looking than the Lee style.

20. RenoRat

RenoRat
    from Oxnard,Ca

21. ab_51Ford

ab_51Ford

Looks bad ass!!

22. geemann51

geemann51

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm going to stop by the shop tomorrow on the way to the airport and snap some shots of the booster and the 4 link while the cars on the lift. I'll post the pics when I get back to TX. Take care.

23. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

bad ass dude...

24. hemifarris

hemifarris

It needs to be lowered.......very nice

25. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

greg it looks bad ass.glad to it on the raod.

26. chopped52

chopped52
    from the twin

as low as you can go man, it looks great

27. The chop, grill and taillights look awsome simple and staright forward, looks good.

28. =mike=

=mike=

looks fucking great , don't like the steering wheel too much . . .

:)

29. hotroder69

hotroder69

Welcome to TX, I'm a Ca. transplant too. I also have a shoebox. I hope to run into you at the Round up. Mine is the the midnight blue 49' 2dr with the flipper hub caps.

Welcome:D