Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shoebox Rookie

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by skoh73, Apr 18, 2008.

1. skoh73

skoh73

Hey all. Just gettin' into the hobby--got a few gearhead friends that'll help break me in. Don't have my first rod yet, but I'm looking frantically right now. What I really want is a '50 ford (2dor would b nice but if it's the right car, I'll be cool with a Fordor). It was my Dad's 1st car when he was a greaser teen around 16. He passed away about a year and a half ago, but we got a chance to talk long and hard about me gettin' one, and what he would do if he got one again. I'm kind of making it a sort of tribute to my Pa. $5k is my ceiling--I'll work on it as I go, but being a rookie, I want it in pretty good shape.

If you have a line on one in the midwest that you think I might be interested in, send a message. THX

2. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. Spend some time on the website, shoeboxford.com. Most of the cars for sale there are probably gonna be over $5K but it might be a good place to start inter-acting with some folks who can direct you to something more in your price range. Good luck. I love them shoebox Fords. Keep us posted on your search. You might also want to post a wanted ad on here.,.....Don.

3. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

welcome aboard, i have 2 shoes myself and my dad has 15 of them including convertibles and woodies. there are alot of guys here that has them and they might know of some that can be had for cheap. also check out the classifieds on here you never know what youll find................

4. skoh73

skoh73

Hey, I wanna thank you for offering your help in my search. I'll try to keep you posted...I'm havin' a devil of a time trying to figure out how to get back to my thread/gettin' back to folks who are helping me out. Thanks again,
    Scott

5. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Welcome from CSA! (The south!)

6. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

welcome to the hamb from west ga

7. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Welcome to the HAMB!!:cool:

8. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

Welcome to the Hamb

9. trevthebarber

trevthebarber

Im selling a 1950 Ford Shoebox just posted it today in the cars for sale thread check it out and get back to me

10. The Monkey

The Monkey

Welcome to the HAMB, future fellow Shoeboxer