Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shoebox ford engine swaps..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RenoRat, Apr 14, 2009.

1. RenoRat

RenoRat
    from Oxnard,Ca

Easy question im sure but.. I have a 50 ford with a 226 (flathead 6) in it. My question is can I drop a 8ba in there using v8 motormounts? And will it bolt up to the column shift trans thats in my car?

2. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

Should drop right in.

Youll need to make sure the trans and bell housing on the motor are the same. Some 8BAs have a cast bellhousing. My 51 did

3. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Pretty much a bolt in..... Note...your 6 Cylinder Radiator is mounted further forward to accomodate the longer 6 cylinder.... Move the radiator back to the V8 Position... Make sure that you run the sheet metal that prevents air from passing over the radiator otherwise you will be overheating...... If your going for New Exhaust it probably dont matter... If your running stock exhaust you may need a new Head pipe and obviously the factory headers and cross over pipe....

4. Rand Man

Rand Man

I searched for a thread. Maybe it would be best to expand this title. My question is would a shoebox be more desirable with the stock engine or something later? In my opinion this discussion should include up to at least ‘53 because the engine compartment should be very similar. I suspect just about anything had been tried in the day. Show us our options!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.