Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Shoebox Central Vs Jamco Disc brake conversion for a 51' Shoebox

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Judas Grease, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Judas Grease

Judas Grease
    from Austin, Tx

I have been shopping around for a quality Disc brake conversion kit and have narrowed it down to either Jamco or Shoebox Central. Now I am skeptical anytime i see the word "Direct Fit" because it is almost never the case. I have the dual master and power booster conversion kit already installed and working great. I just need to do the Disc Brake conversion now. My question is has anyone used either kit? Some feed back on what you think would be greatly appreciated. I have Done business with Chris numerous of times in the past and would like to keep the money in his pocket but wanted to hear about that kit from someone first hand that has used it. Does it come with Prop Valves? What additional things had to be bought on top of the kit to make it work? Etc.... Any additional info anyone has is greatly appreciated. I am the kind of guy that likes to know what I may encounter before hand so I can have my ducks in a row. Thanks.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

a big hammer and cutting torch are always good tools to have on hand