Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Shoebox caster adjustment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eagletucky, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

ok, ive pulled my hair out on this one. Ive checked inside and out of the HAMB, including the Ford Barn.
    Ive completely rebuilt the front end on my ‘51 Shoebox and have adjusted the toe and camber, but im not sure how to attack caster. I see there is a special wrench that seems to be impossible to find. Anyone have a suggestion on how to find an equivalent wrench?

Thanks in advance...

2. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

I made the required wrench by bending up an open end wrench and welding a socket on it. If you want more info e mail me at [email protected] I can e mail you some pics

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

Show us the wrench, Please!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  4. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

IMG_0242.JPG I also made one, but if you can find a big enough crow's foot wrench, that will do. For the Mercury, it measures 1 5/16", I'm not sure if the Ford is smaller.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    gearheadwelder and Hnstray like this.

5. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

6. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

The caster adjustment is the easy one because the rotating part is fairly well exposed at the bottom of the control arm. The camber adjustment is the tough one where the bent wrench comes in handy.